VW T25 Westfalia Poptop 2.1 DJ

Vehicles for sale only. Post only, no replies in this forum - just like the newspaper! Please use the general section for accessories, parts etc. - ads deleted after 28 days.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

VW T25 Westfalia Poptop 2.1 DJ

Postby PJW Edinburgh » 12 Feb 2018, 00:49

VW T25 Westfalia “Joker” Poptop

For sale, a VW T25 (or T3) Westfalia Poptop. Made in 1985, 2.1 DJ Waterboxer Injection Engine

See pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I have owned “Percy” for 4 years. It is a really cool van in Dove Grey Metallic (a standard VW T3 paint). I have the V5.

It has travelled 247,000 kms / 153,500 miles (may go up as we are still using).

A replacement Vege engine was fitted in May 2016 (since when it has covered 2,000 miles), and I have replaced most parts of the injection system too.

It has a 5 speed manual gearbox, code ASL. This shifts smoothly.

It is an original Westfalia conversion which is the best conversion. It is left hand drive as all Westys are (I have never found this a problem for driving in the UK and honestly don’t even think about it).

It had a service in January 2018. I have it serviced every year although given it has an almost new engine I doubt that is a concern. The previous owner (who owned it for 9 years) had his own garage and serviced it himself annually.

The MoT is due end April (last year the only advisory was slight front wheel bearing play). It has passed the last 2 with no issues. It does not have a timing belt (it has a chain).

Key details about Percy:
• Big bumpers, side skirts, chin spoiler and big mirrors
• Lowered using Just Kampers -60mm kit
• Porsche design 16” 90s wheels, with H&R adaptors on the rear and Kinky micks (stud conversion) on the front.
• Bridgestone/Firestone tyres fitted by me, very few miles covered.
• Steering rack and anti-roll bar poly bush kit fitted.
• Braided brake hoses front and rear.
• GoWesty poptop canvas (sail canvas)
• Full window and pop top Thermomatt kit.
• Full lock and handle replacement with new genuine VW key, therefore one key fits all
• Genuine VW central locking actuators and brackets (sliding door not on central locking but part is there to allow it to work on central locking). There are 2 keys and 2 remote controls, both work.
• Cat 1 Toad alarm and immobiliser with remote central locking
• Reverse parking sensors
• Fully adjustable front seats with lumbar adjustment in cream leather from a Saab 9000 (these are great seats and the passenger seat swivels)
• Re-trimmed rock and roll bed, rear cushion and poptop bed cushions in faux cream and brown leather
• VanX black out curtains fitted on all rear windows.
• Standard Westfalia 2 burner hob and sink with onboard water tank
• Blaupunkt CD head unit with long 3.5mm aux jack in the glove box for iPod or similar.
• 240v electrical hook up (hook up cable included)
• Propex HS2000 Heater fitted 2014 (runs off underslung gas tank). Works very well, along with the double glazing.
• Fridge (runs on gas, leisure battery and 240v hook up. Getting it serviced this month)
• One rear shoulder seatbelt and a further lap belt
• Main battery replaced in late `17 and leisure battery replaced January `18

I have replaced a number of mechanical parts during the last 4 years’ worth mentioning (in addition to engine):
• Exhaust box and tail pipe
• Starter Motor
• Clutch
• Radiator
• Heater Motor
• Pads & Discs

I insure it with Highway (through JustKampers) and it costs me less than £250 per year to park it on the road in Edinburgh. I recently had an agreed valuation on it of £12k.

I am selling the van because I started my own business in 2017, which means I barely used it last year, and now we are expecting our first child so we are unlikely to use it much in 2018 either. Our last big trip was to take it from Barra to the Butt of Lewis in October 2016, which was awesome. It is perfect for a couple, but you can sleep 4 no problem.

The price is £9,500.

It is a 33 year old vehicle so it isn’t perfect. The price reflects the fact that it has a small amount of seem rust. If it doesn’t sell quickly then I will get the seem rust sorted in late March and a new MOT but the price will go up accordingly. There aren't many T3s this good.

Based in Edinburgh, contact me if you are interested. Mobile is 07733260842 or email pjwcorporate@gmail.com.
PJW Edinburgh

80-90 Mem No: 15999

Return to For Sale - Vehicles