VW T25 Campervan 1.7 D - 1988, 1 year MOT, engine recon 2016

Vehicles for sale only. Post only, no replies in this forum - just like the newspaper! Please use the general section for accessories, parts etc. - ads deleted after 28 days.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

VW T25 Campervan 1.7 D - 1988, 1 year MOT, engine recon 2016

Postby Ads1987 » 04 Jun 2018, 20:47

******£9250******ono

Up for sale is our much loved VW T25 1.7 diesel (KY code) 4 speed manual 1988 pop top camper van.

"Norange" has been all over the country on various camping trips over nearly 5 years of ownership, it's been a tough decision but we want to save up to buy a house and unfortunately this is the easiest way!

She's had a huge amount of work undertaken over the years, I don't like to leave things that are worn so i'd much rather replace parts as soon as they start to show signs of problems. We purchased the van from a guy who stripped it down completely, removed all the windows and carried out a large restoration of the whole van. He replaced loads of bodywork panels and did a full respray before building it all back up with a refurbished interior.

In 2016 after a trip from Kent to Aberdeen and back via the Lake district, it became apparent the engine had suffered a crack in the cylinder head - even though it was still running at this point it was taken to a local garage who helped carry out the repairs. We sent the engine away to the engine shop (http://www.theengineshop.info/) and they refurbished our own engine and the garage fitted this back with a huge amount of new parts I've listed below, this is documented with receipts, paperwork and photographs if needed.

Now has a full years MOT from 30th May, 2 advisories which were rear wheel bearing very slight play (normal as roller bearing) and o/s/f top ball joint has small amount of play - a new ball joint has now been fitted so nothing for the new owner to worry about!

There really is a lot of history with Norange and she's been very well cared for, there's too much to list on here and you'll probably get bored reading it all, so give us a call to chat about it and come and have a look around in person as the pictures don't do it justice.

Spec is as follows -

1.7 D, engine refurbished May 2016
Poptop with white canvas that was new in 2013
Quikshift kit installed to reduce gearstick movement
Captains seat on passenger side
Double burner running on Campingaz bottle (New last month)
Fridge freezer runs on 12v, 240v and gas
12v water pump with small sink
Removable table that mounts in between front seats or main floor
Loads of kitchen cupboard space, large draw under hob, small cubby hole
Wooden interior was rebuilt 2015 with new high quality plywood and all treated with danish oil and beeswax
110AH leisure battery that charges off a split charge system, powers interior lighting, water pump
240v system installed with RCD unit, powers double mains socket and fridge from camp site
Good quality radio with bluetooth calling, bluetooth audio streaming, great sound quality
Tweeters installed on dash with 6x9s in rear bench seat, 13cm speakers above bench, running off a huge Vibe amplifier
Fold out small double bed that is also the rear bench seat with lap belts
Large storage cupboard in rear and also above the bench seat
Sold with Fiamma 2 bike carrier and a halfords roof bar, luggage rack installed at rear of roof

List of parts replaced/worked carried out (not all of them but the main ones)
Fuel tank - 2013
Engine reconditioned 2016 (Reground crank, new bearings, rebored block, new valves and seals etc
New radiator, thermostat, waterpump, oil cooler - 2016
New exhaust silencer & downpipe, rubber mounts and gaskets etc - 2016
ARB mounts, powerflex gearbox mount, engine mounts - 2016
Injectors refurbished professionally - 2016
Timing belt, tensioner, pulley etc - 2016
New clutch, bearing etc - 2016
Outrigger/jacking points welded & replaced 2016
Four new tyres - 2017
Gearbox oil change and new seals - 2018
Rear brake cylinders, stripped and cleaned shoes, adjusted handbrake etc - 2018
Gear linkage bushes renewed and all greased - 2018
Wishbone bushes O/S/F - 2018
Full Wheel alignment carried out - 2018
There's loads more to list but I think you get the idea, she's been very well loved and we've had great times camping, even more fun just going on little day trips around locally and making tea, toasted sandwiches etc

More pics available if you want I can email them over, images underneath, more interior, engine rebuild, interior rebuild and original respray when I purchased it.

Thanks for reading and just give me a call if you have any questions - Adam.

1988 T25 1.7 diesel naturally aspirated, "Norange"
Ads1987

80-90 Mem No: 13081

Return to For Sale - Vehicles