Syncro Doka - LHD, 2.1 petrol/LPG, working vehicle.

Vehicles for sale only. Post only, no replies in this forum - just like the newspaper! Please use the general section for accessories, parts etc. - ads deleted after 28 days.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Syncro Doka - LHD, 2.1 petrol/LPG, working vehicle.

Postby chuckle-bus-tom » 06 Dec 2017, 21:10

Hi all,

£4900

I'm selling my Doka, as it's my work vehicle and and I'm changing jobs so it's no longer needed. It's an honest van, works a 40hr week and could either continue working or benefit from a gentler life!

All photos are here: http://s4.photobucket.com/user/tommarsd ... ary/syncro USE THE PASSWORD "DOKA"

So here's the spec:
1991 (J reg) LHD 14" Syncro Doka in White (imported from Sweden around 2005)
Rear difflock only
2.1 MV engine, runs well enough for daily use but needs a tune up. Previously worked on/serviced by myself and Andrew at Camper shack who also converted into LPG.
Prop shaft currently removed for better milage and because it was vibrating. It's obviously included, but wants servicing if you want full 4WD.
Bodywork is all original, there are dents, there is seam rash, there are some holes in non-MOT worry places (one in the locker where the door seal touches and one on the load bed. I imagine on closer inspection there is more lurking.
4 X BF Goodrich AT tyres on the van (front 2 match, back 2 match but front and back are different batches) a spare tyre included but not on a wheel.
Interior is good. OG seat covers are now nackered, but it means OG seat fabric is nice (although could benefit a clean, which I'll do once a sale is agreed as I'm still using it daily)
The heater only works on 3 and is deafening.
New(ish) Bluetooth headunit and new cab door speakers.
Has a petrol heater which is wired in but I removed it when the lpg tanks were fitted and never plumbed the petrol back in, so needs tinkering. It has a timer, but that's dead. Replacements are available for about £100.
Has an alarm and full security features, which I can discuss in private.
Hi top Vindic is included, as is a beast roof rack. This van looks mean!

There are niggles, things don't work and it can run a bit rough. It needs a new exhaust badly. I've been patching up as it'll be a nasty job and I haven't had time to take it off the road! It's currently tight, but is more JB Weld than metal.

THE LIST OF BAD BITS:
Welding needs doing to a front and a rear jacking point, to the edge of the load bed, inside the locker and to one rear corner. The seam rash and front valance seem pretty superficial to me, and have looked the same since I treated with vactan some 5 years ago.
Needs a new prop shaft.
Engine needs tuning and the number 2 spark plug hole will need new threads when the plug comes out.
Needs a new exhaust.
Fan heater needs replacing.
Brakes need doing all round.

So, it's priced as a working van not a show winner or a care free driver. It needs work, most of which is very doable at home, and if you're after a Syncro I imagine your already pretty handy and aware of these vans. You can 100% get in this van and drive it away, and probably drive it anywhere in the country. Probably. It just needs a lovely retirement home where it will be loved and tinkered on in a way a work van won't!

Message me and I can answer any questions.

I'm based in Hackney, London.

Tom
1986 2.1DJ on carb. panel van/Reimo camper / 1991 2.1MV Swedish syncro doka
chuckle-bus-tom

80-90 Mem No: 4368

Return to For Sale - Vehicles