SOLD: T3 (T25) Autosleeper Hightop 1990 (H) 1.9dg

Vehicles for sale only. Post only, no replies in this forum - just like the newspaper! Please use the general section for accessories, parts etc. - ads deleted after 28 days.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

SOLD: T3 (T25) Autosleeper Hightop 1990 (H) 1.9dg

Postby Gavla80 » 16 Jun 2017, 11:58

1.9dg (water-cooled petrol) engine, 5-speed manual gearbox.
138000miles.
VW Speedshop Stainless Steel exhaust fitted last year.
MOT due 29 Jul 2017 but happy to put another 12 months on for the right price.

It’s ready to jump in and go camping. Pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/yAuhcpEgJAc61asB7
£5950 ono

Any questions, or to arrange a viewing, email me in the first instance at gavinmerrill@hotmail.com

No running issues since I replaced the rotor arm, HT leads, plugs and vacuum hoses two years ago, was just misfiring a little before that. I’ve serviced it myself (fresh oil, oil-filter, air-filter) twice in the 3 years I’ve had it – including just before we went away this Easter, it’s done about 700 miles since then. Coolant was fully drained and replaced last year.

Seats 5* – 3 x shoulder belts (Driver, passenger and 1 in the back) plus 2 x Lap belts in the back.

The front seats are both on swivel bases. To the rear is the ¾ width R&R bed/seat – pulls out to size of a double bed. Up top there is another wider double which is perfect for the kids – or just extra storage space – something the Autosleeper high-top conversion has in abundance! Our youngest was 2 when we bought it and she slept in a travel cot which fit perfectly in the floor space in front of the R&R bed.

Propex Heater. Fresh and Waste water tanks underbody. 3-way Electrolux fridge (12V, Mains, Gas), 2 x Camping Gaz 908 cylinders, Dual Hob and Grill, Sink with tap. Fiamma “3-bike” rack (but we’ve easily had two adult and two kids bikes on it).

Khyam Motordome Classic Quick-Erect Awning (2015) with groundsheet. Levelling Ramps.

*We’ve owned and loved this campervan for the last 3 years but now it’s time to let it go as we have baby number 3 on the way. I’ve tried every which way and, even though there’s 5 seat-belts, sadly there’s no way of fitting 2 x high-back boosters and a baby seat in there plus my wife and I unless I let my 8yr old drive - having recently seen him driving a kart I don’t think he’d quite manage it!!!

In the last 3 years, the camper has been well-used by us and hasn’t just been sat idly rusting away - we’ve had several fantastic long-weekend breaks all over the UK, been to a few festivals, and more recently a few longer 7-10 night holidays – covering around 800 miles each time.

Vehicle Battery and Leisure Battery both replaced 2 years ago. New blower motor fitted in 2015 – so no need to worry about having to take the dashboard out to do it yourself.

In the interests of full disclosure there is a little bit of “seam rash” starting to poke through which could do with treating sooner rather than later. Also, the upholstery and curtains - being the originals - have, shall we say, seen better days; although we’ve found them extremely comfortable (even for a 10-night holiday) so never felt compelled to replace them – plus the kids always seemed to need new shoes or uniforms or trips/swimming/dance lessons etc. to be paid for whenever I try to save up for such luxuries! :evil: In terms of priorities what money I had left was better spent enjoying using the campervan rather than replacing the things that are still fully functional…

Autosleeper are widely regarded as the best British conversion and with a little work it could easily be worth a lot more but I just don’t have the time anymore - and with the aforementioned extra drain on resources soon to arrive I need to release some capital.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading (if you got this far!!!) :rollin
1990 Autosleeper, 1.9 Petrol (DG)
Gavla80

80-90 Mem No: 13567

Return to For Sale - Vehicles