Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

HOT 1200
80-90 Mem No: 2233

Post by HOT 1200 »

Fit a petrol engine and 'feck em!'........
VW 1800 petrol will pretty much drop right in a diesel 25........
then perhaps look a LPG in the future..........???????

Imagine how I feel.........My T25 was petrol, then converted to Diesel....Dow!!!!!!!

GaV

deke
80-90 Mem No: 2623

LEZ.

Post by deke »

Spoke to TFLA again yesterday and DVLA to try and track down why the wrong weight is registered with TFLA, i.e. 5 Tonnes. Nobody could give me a satisfactory explanation. However it seems the way out of this mess is to register with TFLA (free) giving the correct info. Oh, and by the way, as pointed out by a previous correspondent, if you are registered as a Motorcaravan under 2.5 Tonnes then you are exempt. No doubt this will run and run, and I'm hoping a market wil spring up in diesel particulates removers then everyone including myself will be happy!

markscoot
80-90 Mem No: 4915

Post by markscoot »

Dude, spoke to them again today after they sent me the details they had on mine. Turns out mine is registered 5 tonnes as they previously said.
I have to send them a copy of my V5 and my owners manual page which states the real unladen weight of 1.770T.
They are still bloody adament that no mater what you call your motor it will only be exempt untill 2010. After which you will have to be puttin out Euro 3. Coz we weigh over 1.205T.
I will keep an eye on it as I work in the Diesel trade at heathrow airport where all the same stuff is going down.
As I said no escape (after 2010 anyway)
Cheers.
Mark.
Lambretta Rude Boy!
2.2 Subaru Legacy powered T25 camper
Yamaha GP 800 Jet ski
Lambretta LI 225 TS1
Golf Cabrolet Mk3
Vespa GTS 300ie Super

xpress
80-90 Mem No: 6827

Re: Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

Post by xpress »

What's the news for us in 2012 with the low emission zone?
Das AutoWagen.

markscoot
80-90 Mem No: 4915

Post by markscoot »

xpress wrote:What's the news for us in 2012 with the low emission zone?

I have registered mine as a motor caravan because the last conversation I had they said it was exempt no matter what the weight.
Also now its got a petrol Subaru engine Ive side stepped the LEZ. and because its an older vehicle it doesnt matter about the cat converter etc. for the MOT. :ok
Lambretta Rude Boy!
2.2 Subaru Legacy powered T25 camper
Yamaha GP 800 Jet ski
Lambretta LI 225 TS1
Golf Cabrolet Mk3
Vespa GTS 300ie Super

Joninlondon

Post by Joninlondon »

My 1.6 diesel 1981 westy may fall foul of the LEZ - the German vin plate says the combined vehicle weight is 3600kg ... The cut off on the website Says 3500kg gross vehicle weight. It also says 2400kg elsewhere on the vin but not sure what weight this is. I'm not sure which weight they will be checking, combined sounds like gross vehicle weight right? Bit worried as I just bought it unaware that this was coming up in London...

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

GVW is what they go by, and we are ALL exempt as long as you are registered as a motorhome. When you ring and ask the LEZ they will say you are no longer exempt in 2012, don't argue its pointless. Send in a photo of your VIN plate proving your GVW is 2500kg or below, they update the records and your exempt for 2012 onwards. The people on the phone have no idea. syncroand101 did a lot of legwork for this. I basically did what is mentioned above and i went from non exempt to exempt.
I repeat, do not try to argue with them on the phone, they do not have a clue
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Joninlondon

Post by Joninlondon »

Thanks for the reply! Yes I think the 2400kg on the vin is the GVW, but a wonder what combined weight is out of interest ? Maybe trailer weight and van weight added together? Thanks, that's a weight off our minds now!

lloydy

Post by lloydy »

but a wonder what combined weight is out of interest ? Maybe trailer weight and van weight added together?
thats my understanding

Westy End
80-90 Mem No: 7733

Post by Westy End »

lloydy

i have just come off the phone from TfL - they dont have a clue. i sent them the information (photo of vin plate, V5 etc) and they have not updated their records - they say that I have to do this via DVLA - ie getting the GVW onto the V5 so that the records get updated automatically (which i doubt).

did TfL update their records or did you have to go back to DVLA?

cheers
....========¬====¬
.../-/--|----||---\-----‴-----\
..#/__|__ ||__❚[\_____⌒ _\›
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]
[⎛⎞...|.....|⎛⎞ [ ‹=====›]
-⎝⎠\_|__ /⎝⎠ ⫅=====⫆⎠ (apologies to jed the spread)

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

lloydy wrote:GVW is what they go by, and we are ALL exempt as long as you are registered as a motorhome. When you ring and ask the LEZ they will say you are no longer exempt in 2012, don't argue its pointless. Send in a photo of your VIN plate proving your GVW is 2500kg or below, they update the records and your exempt for 2012 onwards. The people on the phone have no idea. syncroand101 did a lot of legwork for this. I basically did what is mentioned above and i went from non exempt to exempt.
I repeat, do not try to argue with them on the phone, they do not have a clue
I would agree this is the best thing to do,I sent them picts of the vin plate showing the GVW as 2.480kg a copy of the log book registered as a motor caravan they updated there records non compliant to compliant. I give an example for the records of my vehicles reg number 19 Oct 2011 to 02 Jan 2012 Not Subject to LEZ What does not subject to the Low Emission Zone mean?
According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time.
03 Jan 2012 to onwards Not Subject to LEZ What does not subject to the Low Emission Zone mean?
According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time.

Westy End
80-90 Mem No: 7733

Post by Westy End »

camper

thanks - but to whom do i send the updated details? TfL or DVLA? i have sent TfL the details withthe registration form and they have just sent me back a letter saying i am registered but they have not altered my details and say (on the helpline) that i am not exempt because the DVLA details dont have GVW. did they treat you differently or did you have to amend your records with DVLA?

thanks - i feel like i am stuck in beaurocracy... :?
....========¬====¬
.../-/--|----||---\-----‴-----\
..#/__|__ ||__❚[\_____⌒ _\›
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]
[⎛⎞...|.....|⎛⎞ [ ‹=====›]
-⎝⎠\_|__ /⎝⎠ ⫅=====⫆⎠ (apologies to jed the spread)

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

Westy End wrote:camper

thanks - but to whom do i send the updated details? TfL or DVLA? i have sent TfL the details withthe registration form and they have just sent me back a letter saying i am registered but they have not altered my details and say (on the helpline) that i am not exempt because the DVLA details dont have GVW. did they treat you differently or did you have to amend your records with DVLA?

I sent the records to this address
Low Emission Zone
PO BOX 4784
Worthing BN11 9Ps
Phone 0845 900 1234. And there was nothing said about the DVLA.Why dont you telephone the number above and explain there are exempt VW T25 motor homes which have registered with them by sending vin plate picts & log book details .The V5 log book for my vehicle said revenue weight 1480.0 K G UNLADEN there nothing in a V5 log book about GVW.See what the revenue weight is for your vehicle.

pirate-pete
80-90 Mem No: 7945

Post by pirate-pete »

There are a bunch of doylums there at tfl. Sounds the same experience I had but if you call them again with luck you might get through to someone with sense.If not demand to speak to a supervisor. They should be able to bring up the paperwork and photos you sent them up on their screen. As your VIN plate photo shows you are less than 2.5tonne and the V5 shows you are a motorcaravan then that should be all you need. I called them after getting two lots of bumf through the post including one thanking me for registering my fleet (What the blithering heck?) and like you they had not confirmed anything about me being exempt.
The bloke on the phone agreed that I met the conditions and should be exempt, then spoke to a supervisor and later that day I think it was the website showed me as exempt.

I have not needed to get my V5 altered. If the DVLA needed that information then I think it would be on my V5.
1983 Westy Joker HighTop, 1Z TDI Conversion

lloydy

Post by lloydy »

camper wrote:

I sent the records to this address
Low Emission Zone
PO BOX 4784
Worthing BN11 9Ps
Phone 0845 900 1234. And there was nothing said about the DVLA.Why dont you telephone the number above and explain there are exempt VW T25 motor homes which have registered with them by sending vin plate picts & log book details .The V5 log book for my vehicle said revenue weight 1480.0 K G UNLADEN there nothing in a V5 log book about GVW.See what the revenue weight is for your vehicle.
Yep do that ^^^^^^ i managed to get a supervisors name as well. Can't remember if it was the same address though. I didn't involve DVLA