Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

drippytap
80-90 Mem No: 2667

Re: Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

Post by drippytap »

been wondering what to do, other than never take van into London, but are other cities going to copy and is Europe going to follow?
Other than fit a petrol engine what are the options regarding these particle filters that the tfl mention? :?:

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

drippytap wrote:...is Europe going to follow?
er... some parts of Europe have been doing this for years.
I had to buy an exception certificate so that I can park in the city (i.e. outside my flat).
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

drippytap
80-90 Mem No: 2667

Post by drippytap »

[Titus A Duxass][/
er... some parts of Europe have been doing this for years]

Exactly, we be taking a stack of examption certifcates to all major sities we visit when touring europe, because X doesn't recognise Y, probably have to completely bypass switzerland, so what is the option regarding filters

Westy End
80-90 Mem No: 7733

Post by Westy End »

progress (or lack of) update :evil:

Called TfL twice who have stated that their procedure has now changed and that I must get my GVW onto my V5 by sending it into DVLA for update. My V5 currently only has the unladen weight on it.

DVLA seem unsure as to whether their system recognises the difference between GVW and unladen. (Surely it must or the TfL system will never know the correct weight to determine the 2.5t exemption limit).

My only worry is the box for correcting the V5 does not specify what type of weight you are informing them about - it just asks for the figure. I presume that any change to the weight is always going to be to change unladen (which is a factory standard) to GVW (which varies by model). Anyway, i have wasted a month trying to inform TfL of their incorrect records and now have to start again with DVLA. I just hope that there is no need for me to take it to a weighbridge because then i really am in the lap of the gods.....

Anyone else having the same trouble?
....========¬====¬
.../-/--|----||---\-----‴-----\
..#/__|__ ||__❚[\_____⌒ _\›
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]
[⎛⎞...|.....|⎛⎞ [ ‹=====›]
-⎝⎠\_|__ /⎝⎠ ⫅=====⫆⎠ (apologies to jed the spread)

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

Westy End wrote:progress (or lack of) update :evil:

Called TfL twice who have stated that their procedure has now changed and that I must get my GVW onto my V5 by sending it into DVLA for update. My V5 currently only has the unladen weight on it.

DVLA seem unsure as to whether their system recognises the difference between GVW and unladen. (Surely it must or the TfL system will never know the correct weight to determine the 2.5t exemption limit).

My only worry is the box for correcting the V5 does not specify what type of weight you are informing them about - it just asks for the figure. I presume that any change to the weight is always going to be to change unladen (which is a factory standard) to GVW (which varies by model). Anyway, i have wasted a month trying to inform TfL of their incorrect records and now have to start again with DVLA. I just hope that there is no need for me to take it to a weighbridge because then i really am in the lap of the gods.....

Anyone else having the same trouble?
Whats going on i sent a photo of the vin plate & a copy of the V5 which shows only unladen weight .Sent it to the LEZ worthing address who updated it making it compliant. The DVLA would have to change the V5 log books for every vehicle owner in the country to make a entry for GVW .

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Re:

Post by Titus A Duxass »

drippytap wrote: Exactly, we be taking a stack of examption certifcates to all major sities we visit when touring europe...

As a tourist you will not get an exemption certificate for German cities, they are only given out if you meet certain requirements.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

busbuddy
80-90 Mem No: 3043

Post by busbuddy »

Westy End wrote: I just hope that there is no need for me to take it to a weighbridge because then i really am in the lap of the gods.....

cant see the point of you going to weighbridge? that will never give you your gvw, your gvw is stated at manufacture by vw and dvla should already know it

my gvw is on my V5
'88 1.9tdi karmann cheetah

paulo999
80-90 Mem No: 9365

Post by paulo999 »

Just looked at the German implementation - ouch!

Looks like none of us will be taking our vans to German cities. Ever. Again.

Silky
80-90 Mem No: 8535

Re: Re:

Post by Silky »

Titus A Duxass wrote: As a tourist you will not get an exemption certificate for German cities, they are only given out if you meet certain requirements.

Does this rule out the Berlin show for anyone in a diesel?

Silky
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will p.iss off enough people to make it worth the effort

paulo999

Re: Re:

Post by paulo999 »

Silky wrote:
Titus A Duxass wrote: As a tourist you will not get an exemption certificate for German cities, they are only given out if you meet certain requirements.

Does this rule out the Berlin show for anyone in a diesel?

Silky

The LEZ is fairly central - I assume the show is outside the LEZ. Google for the map to be sure.

Silky
80-90 Mem No: 8535

Post by Silky »

Daft question, but would an LPG conversion be permissible in LEZ's ?

Silky
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will p.iss off enough people to make it worth the effort

Westy End

Post by Westy End »

another update - have sent details to DVLA with covering letter and photo of VIN plate. I simply cannot make any progress with TfL - they insist that DVLA must change my logbook and then their system will recognise me as exempt. I have a feeling that this is both organisations pushing the work onto each other - when I tell DVLA they say that TfL should deal with it (as they have done with others on this forum it seems). Lets hope sense prevails, my log book gets updated and my vehicle gets exempted - which it should be in the first place. :evil:
....========¬====¬
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]

Westy End

Post by Westy End »

Silky wrote:Daft question, but would an LPG conversion be permissible in LEZ's ?

Silky

LEZ is only relevant if you are driving a diesel - petrol and other fuels are all exempt.
....========¬====¬
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]

el_presidente
80-90 Mem No: 10395

Post by el_presidente »

Question here - I am trying to go down this route but I can't find anything to prove the weight of my camper. The only VIN plate I can see is under the steering wheel and just has the vehicle number (it's a LHD dutch import). The space for the full VIN plate in the o/s door shut is empty. Is anyone aware of anywhere else the vehicle weight might be shown? Will I need to take it to a weighbridge? Thanks for your help.

paulo999

Post by paulo999 »

For what it's worth, I just checked my V5 - there's a single space for weight, labelled "Revenue Weight". The entry is '2360KG GROSS'