EJ Exhaust / Focus ST

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

matt brighton
80-90 Mem No: 8092

EJ Exhaust / Focus ST

Post by matt brighton »

Having been happy with a GSXR1100 motorbike silencer .... I spent yesterday curtting up and measuring for size my Focus ST exhaust for the camper

Just about to complete the fitting after spending a day cutting it to pieces and making the bends fit.

Here is a photo of one to give you an idea but mine is in much better condition and no rust on the chrome cans on the end :ok

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made x2 hanging brackets that bolt up to the now redundant vw engine cradle bar bracket mounting that have captive bolts in the cross member - by folding 4mm plate and weilding a bar on for the rubber hangers to hang off

Had to shorten the tailpipes.... and change the exit angle as they stuck out far too much..... and getting the orientation of the silencer box correct to clear both the valance and bottom pulley was a faff .... but its all in place now.

Need to also fit a bowden cable to operate the exhaust valve "town and country" settings butterfly..... (apparently as they used to have on old 3 1/2 Bentleys in the 1930's).

I think its called an actuator and opens the valve in whats called sport mode on modern cars...

The twin chrome pipes do look nice tho - drainpipe bore size but v happy with the look :ok

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Re: EJ Exhaust / Focus ST

Post by 300CE »

Nice Matt! Get some pics up when you can mate :ok
'86 DG, Weber Carb

matt brighton

Post by matt brighton »

I can get my head round posting photos on this forum but will watssap you some later

Am joining the fb 80-90 group so may be easier to share stuff photo wise on that

:ok

300CE

Post by 300CE »

No worries mate - if you send them to me, i can upload them on here for you if you like?

I'm not on FB or anything like that, but having viewed the parts for sale on the FB page, it is making me think about it!
'86 DG, Weber Carb

300CE

Post by 300CE »

Couple of pics of the exhaust on behalf of Matt:

Imagethumbnail_image2 by Justin C, on Flickr

Imageimage1 by Justin C, on Flickr
'86 DG, Weber Carb

matt brighton

Post by matt brighton »

Thanks for posting them up 300 CE

and for the gift of the GSXR can that saw me through the last 6 months ....and TBH was fine as a silencer

If anyone here wants the GSXR can to use on their subaru conversion FOC (collection from Brighton) you are welcome as 300CE - who I had never met before) gave it to me ... so what goes around...

pm me

Matt

300CE

Post by 300CE »

matt brighton wrote:Thanks for posting them up 300 CE

and for the gift of the GSXR can that saw me through the last 6 months ....and TBH was fine as a silencer

If anyone here wants the GSXR can to use on their subaru conversion FOC (collection from Brighton) you are welcome as 300CE - who I had never met before) gave it to me ... so what goes around...

pm me

Matt

No problem at all mate - good to see that it got some use and may now help out a fellow member. :ok
'86 DG, Weber Carb