No throttle response

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stephen t25
80-90 Mem No: 11348

No throttle response

Post by stephen t25 »

Hi all, it’s been a while.

Got a problem, my Whitestar 19tdi 1z is playing up, I’ll be driving along and all of a sudden no throttle response at all, foot to the floor, nothing, it stays at tick over and some times slowly creeps up a bit, then suddenly full revs to 5000 and switch it off for a bit and then it’s fine for a bit, some journeys not at all and some all the time, it starts on the button and when working it runs fine, any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Cheers Steve

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: No throttle response

Post by Aidan »

do you have a potentiometer throttle pedal at the front or one in the engine bay using the original throttle cable modified or are you running a mechanical pump set up - bit difficult to advise without knowing how your non standard engine is fitted and so many of them have been just thrown in using a mix of TDi and JX or even CS parts
If it's got a potentiometer set up then it could be a wiring issue or a faulty potentiometer or a conflict with clutch and brake switches if fitted and one of those is the fault

stephen t25
80-90 Mem No: 11348

Post by stephen t25 »

Thanks for the response Aidan, it has a potentiometer throttle, I believe it’s a mk3 golf one, what’s the best way to test it ? I have a memory of one of the injectiors having a sensor which could cause this fault, I may be wrong, all very confusing.
TDI WHITESTAR

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Post by davidoft1 »

Could be a faulty pedal they do wear and fail