Hydraulic engine mounts ?

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

glennada
80-90 Mem No: 0

Hydraulic engine mounts ?

Post by glennada »

Hello everyone,
I've just replaced my engine mounts and the vibration is now reminding me of bus journeys in the 70s, you know when stopped the entire bus would be vibrating at level 3 on the Richter scale. At least it will get rid of any remaining rust :P
The timing has just been done and the bloke in the garage said to look at the engine mounts next, so on to my question, has anyone used hydraulic mounts and are they worth the effort ? If not I would like any other suggestions as to how to solve it short of sticking a Scooby diesel it.

Oh it`s a 1Y 1.9d out of a golf.

Thanks in advance.
Glenn.
Southampton.
With the primer grey t25...
1Y engine.

glennada
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Hydraulic engine mounts ?

Post by glennada »

Anyone out there ?
Southampton.
With the primer grey t25...
1Y engine.

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

Never heard of hydraulic mounts! But then theres a lot I haven't heard of too ;-) someone must though I'd assume ..
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

It's a TDi thing. You'd be better off asking on FB, there's a big VW T3 TDI conversion group

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

I spoke to someone who knows diesel yesterday about this, they use a golf hydraulic mount and an adaptor from Epytec (others are available I believe) which are sold on ebay and elsewhere, back in the day I know some people made adapters to use a Land Rover hydraulic mount as they were cheap and ubiquitous, but I never paid much attention as I don't do tractor engines :lol:

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Post by Mr Bean »

glennada wrote:Hello everyone,
I've just replaced my engine mounts and the vibration is now reminding me of bus journeys in the 70s, you know when stopped the entire bus would be vibrating at level 3 on the Richter scale. At least it will get rid of any remaining rust :P
The timing has just been done and the bloke in the garage said to look at the engine mounts next, so on to my question, has anyone used hydraulic mounts and are they worth the effort ? If not I would like any other suggestions as to how to solve it short of sticking a Scooby diesel it.

Oh it`s a 1Y 1.9d out of a golf.

Thanks in advance.
Glenn.

Can't help on the vibration barring bolting a lump of concrete to it like in a washing machine. :(
Although maybe the new mounts are too stiff...

but you have reminded me of when they replaced those beautifully smooth electric trolley buses in London with the stinky puke making tooth rattling Route Masters. Although not everyone got on with the occasional static electric shocks when you mounted the running board of the trolley buses :shock: .
On reflection that overhead catenary for the power transmission did avoid toting around all those batteries :roll: . Maybe an idea for our cities today.
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX