Oil leak ideas

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pleasestartnow
80-90 Mem No: 11015

Oil leak ideas

Post by pleasestartnow »

Hey guys, have spent the last months sorting rust out in my van so it can get through the d.o.e, ( Irish equivalent of mot), last problem i have to sort is an oil leak. The van leaks oil while i am driving, it leaks in small drops, so i can actually follow a trail when i know where to look on the road. However, as soon as the van is turned off there is two or three drops on the floor and then it stops. They can be found on the floor near the exhaust on the back right. If i am driving up a hill or an upwards angle the oil properly spills out but again as soon as i am on a flat or going downhill it just drips slowly.

I have looked around under the van and cant pinpoint where it is coming from but it has been happening for a while. Because it only happens when driving i am guessing it is probably a seal on a pump or something like that.

Any ideas where to look or what to do is seriously appreciated.

1.9d 1y engine.
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D

gary1998
80-90 Mem No: 7974

Re: Oil leak ideas

Post by gary1998 »

have a look around bottom of dipstick tube .. .. ps i,m in Dublin where you based i have spare seal and copper washer for this ..
1989 1y powered panel van camper
1980 1y powerd project
http://www.eireball.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pleasestartnow

Post by pleasestartnow »

I am in cork, i will look about there when i get home this evening. Its such a head melter like. That would be unreal if thats where it is, nice and handy like
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D

pleasestartnow

Post by pleasestartnow »

Found it. Near where the oil filler tube goes on. Bit of weld, job done. D.o.e passed
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D