AAZ Problem

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

git monkey

AAZ Problem

Post by git monkey »

Hi all,
I'll try and make this short/to the point ..
Brought a Carat project with worn diesel lump .. so brought a AAZ (first time I've brought a lump without hearing in running, turns out he was a lying sod :oops: )
anyhow managed to get it running .. well idles okish, but every time you open the throttle it wanted to die and after a short period of time the pump crapped out.
Shelved it for a year (to many projects) & have just got back on it, replacement used pump (later style) now fitted & it's doing the same thing .. starts & idles fine, but wants to cut out when opening the throttle leaver.
I had to change over the throttle arm assembly (missing), I did this with splined spindle in the closed position & reassembled
in reverse .. straight forward ! I'm pretty sure this Isn't an issue.
Just seems odd that i have the same Issue, could be another worn pump .. or should i look elsewhere ! anyone had a similar problem.
Many thanks
Paul

angler alan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: AAZ Problem

Post by angler alan »

hi
apologies if you have already eliminated the following:

glowplugs and or relay (unlikely), cold start device, dirty fuel or air leaks, cambelt timing , pump timing (set with DTI)

then leaves injectors or both pumps faulty or original pump faulty and replacement timing incorrect (I replaced a pump without realising importance of accurate marking and using a DTI)

sorry about confused reply brain not working alan