diesel leak from cold start device on fuel pump

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

angler alan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by angler alan »

hi
I have a 1987 t25 with an AAZ diesel engine. AS the title says there is a leak from the cold start device on the fuel pump. I have a seals kit and was going to replace the seals (cover and spindle). However as I don't want to put everything back together and discover there is still a leak, I wondered if I could just forget the cold start device and use a blanking plate. I do not use the van in winter and understand that the cold start device is not vital during warmer weather?

ta in advance alan

dazzerT251900td

Re: diesel leak from cold start device on fuel pump

Post by dazzerT251900td »

Hi there.
I sent mine to diesel bob and they did a complete overall of the diesel pump.came back brand new and no leaks.
I had to take the pump off and send it by post,it was the later pump with the adjustable sprocket with 3 bolts,don’t touch the center bolt.Just take the pump off with the locking tool in place behind sprocket.I sent it like that and it came back like that already in time position.
Hope this helps in some way.It was to much for me to strip down myself.
Daz. :ok

angler alan

Post by angler alan »

hi
ta for reply.
I have changed both seals of the cold device and there are no leaks - whoopee. However I do have the original pump (1994 so one pulley wheel) which assume was the cause of the engine only running for few seconds before stopping. I will send this to be reconditioned but could not find "diesel bob"?

ta

alan

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

It's the top hit on a google search for "diesel bob" :-D

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/injectionpumps.aspx
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

angler alan