engine swap

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

engine swap

Post by cwe »

ADVICE please ,got a Subaru in my van at the mo playing up , whats the best engine to replace it without loads of changes , had enough of the Subaru want something thats gonna last and not cost me ££££ to install, and up keep as the Subaru is gonna cost to much to replace your help PLEASE and what sort of £ am I expected to pay ? won't be able to do it myself :D
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Re: engine swap

Post by multisi »

If you have done the conversion and the Subaru EJ20 has a major problem then all you have to do is find another EJ20 engine of the same age range and replace the one that's in your van, EJ20 engines seem to be available and can be cheap aswell. If the engine is the same you can just change the engine and keep your main loom and ecu. Whats up with the engine have you checked for fault codes ?
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

Yeah if it's an engine mechanical problem, you could just change the block and heads and leave the electrics and intake manifold (which has all the fuel delivery pipework, injectors, and throttle body attached as one neat unit). That would be a simple swap out if it were match for match.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by cwe »

thats my problem just won't idle properly , no OBD ,its a miss mash of a engine been looked at by 3 mechanics now just had enough of it now the cost of changing it over is still gonna cost me more than maybe a GTI or whatever to put in it im sure ?its a ball ache
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Ask on the VWKD forum

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk