VW Bora !

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

peteabbott
80-90 Mem No: 4672

Re: VW Bora !

Post by peteabbott »

Thanks Smcknighty , yes you were spot on. I feel a tad embarrassed that I did not go for the simple answer........spark plugs, then why should I in my defence when I thought I had a "proper job" done at its last service. DIY all the way now methinks. I agree that not all people see a value on these old motors but to me having done my 50years and now retired my old car and my T25 camper are my way of keeping sane ! Really do appreciate your and others comments............just shows that I am not a nutter.
Pete Abbott

Smcknighty
80-90 Mem No: 14436

Re: VW Bora !

Post by Smcknighty »

I took my wife’s car for a service 10 plus years ago - Peugeot 206. Maindealer minor service as to me at the time it was a fairly new car, also I used to get amazing service on my 405 From a different main dealer for pennies. Peugeot have lots of electric gadgets given for free, in this case it had an electric oil level that you see when you first turn the ignition. Turned key on pickup, oil level the same as when I brought it in (midway). Gah, sensors broken I thought, pulled up bonnet, checked oil - half way on dipstick. Went back in and gave them grief that they hadn’t changed the oil. That’s pretty much the only thing they have to do on that service. Looking back now god knows what else they didn’t do if they did anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk