T4 Tech expert recommendations

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

T4 Tech expert recommendations

Post by Jim San »

I know its not T3 but a friend of a friend has been royally robbed left right and centre with her T4 Caravelle and its camper conversion and is now worried about getting ripped off further. She is new to the VW world and needs a garage she can trust (NE Shropshire area).

Her Auto box is playing up and she doesn't know who to turn to. Any recommendations welcome please.

She would preferably like it converted from auto to manual and was quoted £4k some time back- which sounds rather a lot to me) so being linked up with someone who is capable of doing this would be great - cheers.
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Re: T4 Tech expert recommendations

Post by dbz864 »

Is it a early t4? Ive done one a few years ago,i couldnt find anyone to do it so did it myself,i bought a complete van as a donor, wasnt a big job,more to it if its later.never buy a auto t4 there crap,cant she take it back ?
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe