AAZ start up difficulties

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

angler alan
80-90 Mem No: 0

AAZ start up difficulties

Post by angler alan »

Hi
I have just converted my 1987 T25 1.7 diesel KY 5spd to a 1.9TD AAZ (from a golf 07/94) with a 4 spd DK Aircooled gearbox.
I have used a homemade downpipe to the KY backbox, the complete 4 spd Aircooled gear linkage, early diesel engine bars and gearbox mount, the golf pulley wheels ribbed belt and alternator, the air intake is an inline cylinder filter connected to the original snorkel intake and the cold start is not connected.
I have only changed two things: the double spring/ lever throttle to a single spring/lever with modified support bracket and removal of the wastegate 2 way vacuum valve with the wastegate connected directly to the vacuum pipe.
About a week after all the work was completed the engine started but only ran for a few second then stopped (I have read that others had throttle problems where the engine would start and tickover but not rev). No matter what I tried this still happened: new glow plugs and circuit test OK, 2 stop solenoids even plunger removed, new fuel filter with clean fuel, injector pump bled and wastegate connected/not connected to vacuum.
The possibilities left are reconditioned injectors then reconditioned pump. I would appreciate advice and suggestion from the forum how I should proceed.
Ta in advance alan