LOSE OF POWER SUBARU EJ20

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

LOSE OF POWER SUBARU EJ20

Post by cwe »

can anyone help me out, when driving for about an hour or so on the motorway i suddenly lose power slows down then when i change down a gear she kicks back in to full power, just had new fuel lines and new tank put in, traveled 100 odd miles to site all great run like a dream ,coming home all good then after about an hour on the motorway again lose of power ,slowed right down changed into 2nd then back to full power, any ideas people
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: LOSE OF POWER SUBARU EJ20

Post by cwe »

just been told it could be because i haven't got a speed sensor fitted , don't think i have so does anyone else have any thoughts on this? sounds like that is the problem as it only does it when I'm cruising at the same speed for a while
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: LOSE OF POWER SUBARU EJ20

Post by slowcoach »

cwe wrote:just been told it could be because i haven't got a speed sensor fitted , don't think i have so does anyone else have any thoughts on this? sounds like that is the problem as it only does it when I'm cruising at the same speed for a while
I think it's a good idea to have one. I understand it can cause loss of revs/cutting out when coming to a stop, ietraffic lights. Haven't heard of the high speed issues you have but I'm no expert. Simple to add one onto the back of the speedometer though and not expensive, read the RJES information on it :-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed