To Subaru or not to Subaru ? ?

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Domino
80-90 Mem No: 14834

Re: To Subaru or not to Subaru ? ?

Post by Domino »

Timmo wrote:Am I right in thinking the Subaru ej range are not mechanical distributed ? and therefore will require the Subaru computer and wiring loom?. I'm an old dog but this seems mega work to me. Rebuild your dg buddy.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

its not mega work at all really , with a converted loom (around £300) and the mechanical parts to hand it can be fitted in a couple of hours , very easy conversion and just as easy to swap back to the vw running gear

Goldfeesh

Re: To Subaru or not to Subaru ? ?

Post by Goldfeesh »

Timmo wrote:Am I right in thinking the Subaru ej range are not mechanical distributed ? and therefore will require the Subaru computer and wiring loom?. I'm an old dog but this seems mega work to me. Rebuild your dg buddy.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Correct. Ecu, immobiliser, antenna, key and a load of wires. There is pretty much no way to delete the immobiliser either. It's a lot of work or send it off to get converted. There are a few people who do it, costs about 250 quid.