aaz what sump gasket

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stevealex
80-90 Mem No: 10134

aaz what sump gasket

Post by stevealex »

Hi All

Could anyone tell me the best sump gasket when fitting a JX sump to an AAZ, hopefully replacing my dead 1y at the weekend with an AAZ so any other words of wisdom would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Steve

colinthefox
80-90 Mem No: 16447

Re: aaz what sump gasket

Post by colinthefox »

Rubber gasket without baffle plate is VW 044103609D. (Brickwerks or GSF) If you use this rubber gasket you may have to file the bellhousing holes a little to compensate for the thicker gasket.

I've tried the one with the baffle plate, and if anything it makes oil pressure fluctuate a little more than wihout it.
1.9D (AEF) pop-top. Aaaaahhhhh........that's better.

stevealex

Post by stevealex »

Cheers for that. That's what I'd plumped for in the end. When you read the AAZ install threads on the forums there is alot of conflicting information out there about what to fit and what works. I know this engine install has been over shadowed by TDI's but its a shame there isn't a clearer step by step in. Altough there is a shopping list in wiki, it doesn't cover how to use the AAZ turbo set up and how to reindex it specifically for this install. If I can get mine in successfully I may post one.

Cheers

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

colinthefox wrote:Rubber gasket without baffle plate is VW 044103609D. (Brickwerks or GSF) If you use this rubber gasket you may have to file the bellhousing holes a little to compensate for the thicker gasket.

I've tried the one with the baffle plate, and if anything it makes oil pressure fluctuate a little more than wihout it.

You need slightly longer sump bolts than the JX ones also. The AAZ ones should be the correct length though.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

stevealex

Post by stevealex »

Thanks

I'm going from a 1Y (which has a JX sump on it) to the AAZ so I'm hoping those bolts should work, if not I'll reuse the AAZ.

Thanks

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

The longer bolts are needed when you use the rubber gasket instead of the standard JX type. If you already had a rubber one on the 1Y the longer ones should have already been used there. The rubber gasket is thicker than the normal JX ones.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶