Ej202 immobiliser procedure

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Ej202 immobiliser procedure

Post by slowcoach »

Hi folks,
If I try to start the van without the suby key in the subaru barrel, the immobiliser does its job and cuts the engine after it fires. All good. But if I do this by accident, getting the van to restart can be a pig. Today it took 10 minutes.

Once cranked without the suby key in place, the immobiliser light will flash continuously and quickly once ignition is on. Now I know this means it won't fire up when cranked. Disconnecting the battery helps some, but it's not a magic bullet.

So what's the correct procedure to tell the ECU all is well again, and engine 'mobolised' ?

Cheers all!
Last edited by slowcoach on 03 Mar 2017, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Domino
80-90 Mem No: 14834

Re: Ej202 immobiliser procedure

Post by Domino »

Not sure why it's doing that as mine will fire up strait after ,, iv tested this the same way you have to make sure the van was immobilised and soon as I put the key back it fired right up ,, I'll go over to where it's parked up in the next couple of days and check again for you just to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me lol but I'm sure it fired right up,,

Possibly flooding it slightly , when were the plugs done ?

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Ej202 immobiliser procedure

Post by slowcoach »

cheers domino-
interesting! the plugs are recent, i doubt its flooding due to the fast flashing imob light after ive tried to start it without the fob in place. i should have mentioned that in my post when i said the imob light flashes after a failed start attempt, its a quick flash, and not the every 5 second flash thats the usual 'standby' idle. when its this fast flash, thats when i know it wont start immediately if i try. hmmmm! :?
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed