Peugeot 1.9 XUD conversion

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Highroller
80-90 Mem No: 12833

Peugeot 1.9 XUD conversion

Post by Highroller »

Had a look around a few various forums but the information looks quite outdated. I have just purchased one of these setups and wondered if anyone here still runs one that can answer a few questions and tell me if it is still worth it before I fit it.
1991 2.1 WBX Devon microbus twinslider hightop

illzlee
80-90 Mem No: 8010

Re: Peugeot 1.9 XUD conversion

Post by illzlee »

I've got this setup in a bay, what would you like to know?

Highroller
80-90 Mem No: 12833

Re: Peugeot 1.9 XUD conversion

Post by Highroller »

Illzlee,
They were mainly T25 related as in what modifications were made to raise the engine hatch as the engine will sit a couple of inches to high. Also, where was the intercooler mounted? The previous owner said he didn't bother with one but looking at the code (XUD TE) it originally had one. What hoses from the XUD do I need to get, I didn't get any but have sourced one from engine to header tank, I can make up other ones so probably not a real issue.
I have read all the posts I can find but they are Mostly over 5 years old so was wondering if anyone still runs one and if it is still worth it.

I was mainly looking to see if anyone had some decent photos of a T25 setup that I could get a look at.
1991 2.1 WBX Devon microbus twinslider hightop