Hydro engine mounts are they worth the trouble

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pugvan
80-90 Mem No: 16121

Hydro engine mounts are they worth the trouble

Post by pugvan »

Hello all What do folk recon to hydro mounts are they worth the trouble a few on the samba seem to claim there worth it but maybe their standard mounts were worn out
also on a standard mount with the engine sat on them how close should the center /hub the bit the bolt goes through be to the top of the outer casing of the mount mine are almost touching would that make the van vibrate 1.9 mtdi
cheers

glennada
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Hydro engine mounts are they worth the trouble

Post by glennada »

Hello Pugvan,
I asked the same question and as you I have had no replies.

Replaced my engine 1.6jx for a 1.9 1y and put in new mounts. The vibration at tick over is real bad, if i loosen the engine mounts a bit so it can shift around the vibration is better, so I am assuming that hydro mounts may help ( Don`t take that as advice tho ), not tried the gearbox mount either, might be transmitting vibes too.

No job at the moment so don`t want to chuck money at the van if hydro mounts will not substantially improve the issue.

Given that your post is 2 years old now you may well have solved the issue, I would appreciate any info you have.

Thanks good luck.

G.
Southampton.
With the primer grey t25...
1Y engine.

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Re: Hydro engine mounts are they worth the trouble

Post by multisi »

The engine mounts on my Subaru petrol engines are hydraulic, they smooth things out nicely.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon