New Clutch for JX

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

New Clutch for JX

Post by Wedgbury »

Bit off advice if possible

Need a new clutch soon and will be fitting a JK/SB engine with chargecooler over the coming months so wondered if anybody had fitted one of these before.

Black Diamond Fast Road Clutches (PWR) - Engine Code/s JX

Any feedback appreciated

MGP
80-90 Mem No: 13910

Re: New Clutch for JX

Post by MGP »

When I replaced the clutch in my aaz conversion last year I asked brickwerks why they no longer supplied the black Diamond clutch, I was told they had stopped selling them due to the number of warranty claims for slipping with mild power increases.
I'm running a standard Sach clutch on my aaz running in the region of 90hp with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
'89 1.9td AAZ engine
http://www.dubsonthefritz.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Stock Sachs clutch can cope with the TDi just halves the life from 60k to30k miles hence most TDi run the Golf3 228mm clutch

David if late van you have the breathers on the bellhousing which helps the clutch to cool down, if not your spare bellhousing is late

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Guess that 'pipe run' didn't help !! :shock:
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

Dave,
I am running the standard JX clutch with my AGG GTi engine. It has done over six years without issues. It only got changed last spring as the engine was out and Aidan rebuilt the gearbox - would have been silly to put the old clutch back in. Even then, it was still working fine and had plenty of lining of the friction plate.

I appreciate that the GTi has quite different characteristics to the diesels but it also puts out a rated 115bhp.
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine