Subaru alternative sump

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Domino
80-90 Mem No: 14834

Re: Subaru alternative sump

Post by Domino »

multisi wrote:How much shorter are they ?

From memory it's 38-40mm but I could be wrong , same capacity as standard

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

do you know yet if its the same dipstick tube? guess itll need the length of the dipstick changing? hmm, im sure all will be revealed when you get yours. keep us posted!

i saw on facebook (using my wifes account also!) a guy had had it annodised in gold!
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Domino

Post by Domino »

slowcoach wrote:do you know yet if its the same dipstick tube? guess itll need the length of the dipstick changing? hmm, im sure all will be revealed when you get yours. keep us posted!

i saw on facebook (using my wifes account also!) a guy had had it annodised in gold!

I'm assuming so but like you say all will be revealed once it's here so I'll update once I know more ,, was thinking of getting mine highly polished and then Laqure offer the top but anodising sounds a good option aswell :D

Domino

Post by Domino »

Picking my shortened sump and pick up pipe tomorrow so I'll take a few pics once it's here , not sure when it will be getting fitted but I'll keep anyone updated who wants to know , he seems to know his stuff and is test fitting it before I collect it so can't see there being any fitment issues :D

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

Nice one :ok
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

Domino

Post by Domino »

After a 7 hour round trip iv now picked the sump up from Ian , great bloke and we had loads to chat about

Will take some pics of it tomorrow for you guys but here is my first review

Looks good , but if I'm being 100% honest I'm not completely happy with how some of the weld looks on the inside as there is bits that look a bit rough but this will be easy sorted with a bit on the dremmel and then into the parts cleaner for a good cleaning but I'll take some pics of what I mean before I do anything to it myself ,, still seems worth the cost though so still very happy with it :ok

Domino

Post by Domino »

Couple of pics of the sump and shortened pick up pipe ,, also taken some pics of the internals and the bits I'm not 100% happy with but like iv sai this can be sorted very easy, I don't think anything would come lose but it doesn't look as neat as I want for my vans oil pan lol , sorry the pics aren't very good but iv tried to take them with my phone up close and it doesn't work very well

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

For £250 thst looks prety good ( speaking as a tight yorkshire man) when you look at it there's s lot of metal in that, forming, welding and machining.
Have you checked the flatnes of the machined face with anything?
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Thanks for the pics , very interesting. Sorry you're not 100% on it, I can see why. As daz says though it's still a nice looking job. Is it £250 with the new pickup?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
===================

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

several years ago i and another imported the steel burley short sump, the quality is second too none, looks very simular to the one above its designed for a syncro so its built to be tough, i paid £250 all in delivered but that was several years ago.

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

Domino

Post by Domino »

Dazco wrote:For £250 thst looks prety good ( speaking as a tight yorkshire man) when you look at it there's s lot of metal in that, forming, welding and machining.
Have you checked the flatnes of the machined face with anything?

I'm happy with it for £250 , I was more just trying to give a honest review as I know there are other members looking at buying them ,, it was test fitted on a block before I collected it so can't see fitting being a problem

Domino

Post by Domino »

slowcoach wrote:Thanks for the pics , very interesting. Sorry you're not 100% on it, I can see why. As daz says though it's still a nice looking job. Is it £250 with the new pickup?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I paid £250 with the pick up but had to send him one first as he didn't have any to do on exchange (I actually sent him 3 so the next customers could be lucky )

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Suprise suprise! I've ended up buying a sump from tsr conversions, after sticking with the stock sump for a couple of years. It arrived the other day, and looks very very like the one above. Im sure it's the same in fact. It seems pretty good and I'm sure it'll do the job. It's £295 though, but after a failing all other options thought I'd just take the plunge and get it sorted.

Another job for when the van is laid up in a couple of weeks (new fuel tank and crank pulley)ImageImage
===================

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Finally sorted outImageImageImage
===================