Time to "Subaruin" EJ20 or EJ25 in a Westy?

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Time to

Post by slowcoach »

fair enough :) if youve got the headers already then is should be simple enough. the subarus sound so good when the revs are high, and im not even a 'petrol head'. ive not had mine above 5.5k for any duration, but ive heard there's limiter at 8k?? :pimp
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

printmonkey
80-90 Mem No: 11456

Re: Time to "Subaruin" EJ20 or EJ25 in a Westy?

Post by printmonkey »

It's loud but it does sound good, going through the Holmesdale tunnel on the m25 at 2am was interesting. You're right the engine does like to rev, it took a while to get my head around driving the van at higher revs. I'm not sure I'll risk 8k though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
US Import Vanagon GL Westfalia (Subaru EJ25)

IainG
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Time to

Post by IainG »

[quote="printmonkey"]It's loud but it does sound good, going through the Holmesdale tunnel on the m25 at 2am was interesting. You're right the engine does like to rev, it took a while to get my head around driving the van at higher revs. I'm not sure I'll risk 8k though!

Not using the revs all the time is the hardest thing about driving my van now; it's addictive. I'm sure I've left many surprised people behind what they thought was going to be a slow old camper...