subaru tears fears and gears

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jaber
80-90 Mem No: 14334

subaru tears fears and gears

Post by jaber »

Well its been a long journey from 1900 wbx to present day Subaru, (2.0.ej) in me 84 lhd caravelle gl
Should I do it? Yes :D
Will it rev its things off? 4 speed DU box. No
can I afford it? Sort of
is it worth it? Oh yes :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Will I give up with endless teething problems. Almost :cry:
Oh I will have to make an exhaust! fairly easy (if ya know the right folk and do a bit of research)
Will the Mrs ever ride in it again (after countless break downs (wbx) Mmmm?
Will the Mrs ever ride in it (Subaru) I feel the love
Will it be economical. Yes
Was there any need for tears. No
Would it tow a caravan. Yes
Any regrets? trying to do it cheaply (should have bought Bosch fuel pump among other things.
Any other problems. Oh yes, oval break drums, kaput servo (BMW e30 fitted now, worth it, earth spiders, dash pod snapped, speedo cable snapped, corroded brake pipe, new disks, new battery, oh and an Aldi stereo.
Now once all the above have been addressed I am left with something that is 31 years old an absolute pleasure to drive/chill in, even the wife has started to take an interest, for anyone considering the transplant, it will transform your van into your friend :D
How fast will it go mister? in my hands 50/60/70 with absolutely shed loads of beans, I would expect at least 100 if required, but hey how ya going to stop?

Steve