AAZ Diesel pump not working

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Al Housman
80-90 Mem No: 11858

AAZ Diesel pump not working

Post by Al Housman »

I have at last fitted my latest AAZ engine to my Doka .

When we turned the engine over the fuel pump did not draw diesel from the fuel filter. We used a hand operated pump to draw diesel into the flow pipe and then out of the return pipe so that we knew there was fuel in the diesel pump. It ran briefly, then when we pumped the return pipe when trying it the engine ran but on idle only. Moving the throttle had no effect.

We've checked the stop solenoid and cracked the injector pipes but even when we're pumping along the return line very little fuel is actually being returned.

It seems like there may be a block in the pump or the part of the pump which draws the fuel in is not operating correctly since when the engine runs it does so very well and smoothly but it won't keep going and won't rev.

Could anybody please cast light on what might be happening or not.

I do have the pump which is on the other engine so all is not lost but I was really hoping that this one which had been on a good running engine would do the trick.

I'm hoping that leaving the pump for a day or so with clean diesel in may help free any seals which may be stuck ( if that is a possible cause)
but if not then we'll have to swap pumps.

Cheers
Al