Subaru installers and questions

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Smiffo
80-90 Mem No: 15151

Subaru installers and questions

Post by Smiffo »

Afternoon all.

After my recent purchase, and a bit of jiggery pokery with some wiring etc, my attention has turned to the more meaty aspects of the van.

Firstly, I need to get window seals sorted, as they let water in like a damp sponge - and then there is the squeaky suspension etc etc - but I am really keen to explore the subaru conversion, and am aware it has been discussed in the past, however I have some specific queries:

OK, I have read some bits on who to use, who to seek advice from etc, but am a bit reluctant to just jump straight in.... The money will need to be sourced by working my a*** off, and I don't want to part with it willy nilly - nevertheless I have had a quote a drive in and drive out conversion in the region of £5000 - which although sounds steep, sounds a better conversion than some others offer in terms of finish and running etc....

So, seeing that I live in the Bristol area, I was hoping that there was a locally situated van that I could possibly look at to see the improvements, and secondly ask you fine T25 owners who you would recommend do the work of converting the engine etc.....
I have neither the space, tools or knowledge to do it myself, and I want it done right - I do what I do best, and let someone else do wht they do best - that's my theory anyway.....

So, lastly, is it best to sort out all the squeaky suspension and leaking before the engine conversion, or get the engine done first...???

Thanks in advance - and if someone is in Bristol area with a converted van, let me know...
Perhaps I could come for a view - I may even stretch to buy you a pint...!!!
'89 1.9 DG

“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” ~ Mark Twain.