T25 Project looking for mechanic

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nickmeaney
80-90 Mem No: 0

T25 Project looking for mechanic

Post by nickmeaney »

Hi Folks,

I am writing this in the hope that someone may be able to help. I have a 1981 VW Hightop which I have spent £1000's restoring. Due to my personal circumstances the project stagnated in 2009 and the poor van was left outside the house to fester and seize while I sorted out the issues. My brother who reuns the large family business, namely a commercial garage and MoT center said he would help out as the van was immobilised due to the clutch seizing etc. 2 years later the van is rotting away outside the garage as he was toooo busy to put it on the ramp. 2 weeks ago he unceremoniously returned her to me and she is now lingering outside the house.

I would dearly love someone with the technical know how and time to finish her off for me... I have spent to much on her to sell to someone for a song (Kustom Campers interior, full panel refresh and respray etc. etc.). They person who mans up for the challenge can have full use of ourt garage and tools if needed, ramps etc. I believe she needs the clutch and brakes changed and whatever else but I am more than willing to supply all materials and cover all labour charges.

If this is of interest please feel free to respond to the advert or give me a bell on 07787374465. I am located in CF48 which is in Merthyr Tydfil, I did speak to Jason I belive from Aberdare many years ago about this when I first stated the project off.

I have photos which I have just taken after giving her a clean. I just cannot seem to add them to the post with the Img icon above.

Thanks all

Nick