AAZ conversion & Power steering, a few ????

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Custom & Bespoke
80-90 Mem No: 12136

AAZ conversion & Power steering, a few ????

Post by Custom & Bespoke »

I am currently in the stages of a AAZ conversion, I have the JX lump out and today managed to get the AAZ out of the Golf, whilst taking the engine out of the Golf I all of a sudden realised that it had power steering and wondered if this is adaptable when it goes back in the T25, I totally overlooked this as my mind has had all sorts running through it as I am no mechanic ! :oops:

Also I have read conflicting posts regarding the fuel pump, some say use the JX and some say stick with the AAZ one, personally I would like to stick with the AAZ as I know all is fine with it although it does seem to have some wiring that the JX doesn't ? can any one clear this up for me please. :roll:

And another thing !! (please bare with me), Spigot bearing, with the risk of making myself sound like a "idiot", how easy is this to install and is there a link to the process, I have been reading as much as possible in the run up to doing the swapover but haven't found anything regarding this, I'm sure I've probably missed something blatantly obvious :oops

Any help greatfully received.
1.9 AAZ LIGHTWEIGHT LAMINATED INTERIORS PRODUCED