Professional help with AAZ....

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dcfb77
80-90 Mem No: 8259

Professional help with AAZ....

Post by dcfb77 »

I've got the freshly rebuilt AAZ back in my Syncro but I'm having a few issues with it.

Main issue is the turbo which seems to be spooling/boosting way too early and stops spinning past 2500 RPM. Also seems like its whistling a lot which may be an airleak...

Result is what feels like a very underpowered van on the top end of things with a big flat spot/no torque past 2500rpm.

I'd like to have someone look at my install to make sure everything is in the right place. I dont mind paying, I just need to find someone that knows their way around the AAZ conversions...

I've got holidays planned end of May so I'm massively running out of time to sort this out (also got interior to build & put in) so I'm stressing big time cause I really deserve a holiday and this would be the first in the (almost) completed Syncro.

If anyone knows someone who knows their way around the AAZ conversion and that isnt as far North as Brickwerks than please let me know. I've also tried calling Spannerboy but cant get through by phone.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, David.
RHD Syncro twin slider (AGG) - orange