Hello again!

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Hello again!

Postby Fun. » 17 Jul 2019, 12:02

Hi All

After a bit of a roller-coaster of a year trying to get welding done and my van back on the road, it looks like I've finally found the right garage and she's now in to get welded up and a solid MOT. Super excited to get her on the road and to have some adventures!

Because the van is an honest DIY (from what you lot kindly helped me figure out before) I've decided to go custom with the interior and just enjoy the van, unsure whether to keep the old zig unit or just tear out the whole interior including electrics and then make new. Other than that I reckon she's getting a full width rock n roll and a smaller pod style kitchen that doesn't make use of the on-board water tank. It's a sheldon high top so I will have plenty storage up top.

Will keep you updated with progress, exciting times! :D

Cheers

Fun.
_
Water Cooled 1983 Petrol T25
She's had 21 previous owners, I'm no. 22
She's now named Daisy
Fun.

80-90 Mem No: 0
What is the fourth number in this list?: 209

Re: Hello again!

Postby lefty67 » 17 Jul 2019, 15:49

Happy days :ok
1.9td AAZ

T25 - an adventure before dementia
lefty67

80-90 Mem No: 11783

Postby chewbacca » 18 Jul 2019, 23:10

Good luck with it, sounds like you're making head way.
If you know how to do the electrics, I'd rip it all out and start fresh. It's what i did and I've never looked back. You know what everything is for and how it all works.
B plate 1.9 petrol bus
chewbacca

80-90 Mem No: 16186

Postby itchyfeet » 19 Jul 2019, 06:50

Making interiors is much harder than it looks.

If you are not careful you spend more time working on your van than camping in it, i have seen loads of people make that mistake and the van is never ready or keeps breaking down due to work done at the 11th hour which could have waited until after a holiday.

These vans are for camping, it's summer, just use it and tinker in the winter, a complete interior rip out is a massive project.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks
itchyfeet

80-90 Mem No: 12733

Postby Fun. » 19 Jul 2019, 11:02

I reckon I'm going to try and get what I can out of the rest of the year before redoing interior. My only issue just now is finding the right seats for the back, I have two daughters 10 & 14 that i would like to be able to travel with at some point so although a crash tested rock n roll is probably the stuff of myths and legend but I do need something sensible for them. I'd considered ripping interior out to fit a full width seat and go with a smaller kitchen pod but that's going to be a bigger job than getting a solid seat and bolting in + seatbelts.

Was talking to the guy at JAC conversions yesterday, they do a T25 seat with built in belts, built to the same standard as their crash tested ones. Cost ~ £900 which seems reasonable to me and will probably do that and keep interior for at least a summer before going crazy. I do like the idea of knowing the electrics inside out but don't know jack on the topic :P

Thanks for the replies.

Roll on a few weeks time and my first van sleep in ages!
_
Water Cooled 1983 Petrol T25
She's had 21 previous owners, I'm no. 22
She's now named Daisy
Fun.

80-90 Mem No: 0
What is the fourth number in this list?: 209

Return to General Chat