sold my van

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

sold my van

Postby scottbott » 02 Jul 2019, 20:28

just to say 'Baz' has gone to a new owner in Sheffield today and it did seem strange to see someone else driving away in him, I will keep an eye on things here and maybe one day get a Caravelle, thanks for all the hints and tips off everyone over the years and will I be 'allowed' in club camping at Busfest in a car??, thanks again
Nil carborundum illegitimi
scottbott

80-90 Mem No: 6085

Re: sold my van

Postby Sir Brixalot » 02 Jul 2019, 22:39

What made you decide to sell after 10 years?
1989 Autosleeper Auto 1-9 DG with LPG conversion
Sir Brixalot

80-90 Mem No: 8927

Postby scottbott » 03 Jul 2019, 06:38

a few reasons really, not being used much, and my wife did not like going out in him anymore as it reminded her of our dog that died last year as he spent hours just sat in it if I was gardening or pottering about and it did seem strange the passenger seat not having him in it
scottbott

Postby fazzer » 03 Jul 2019, 22:15

Sold my t25 a couple of months ago as wife said we need more comfort,as you say strange seeing someone drive off with a member of family.Took me a year to convince myself she was right ,we had a compromise another vw camper a t4 navigator.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
fazzer

80-90 Mem No: 7803

Postby scottbott » 04 Jul 2019, 08:41

I borrowed my stepdaughters car yesterday and saw an Autosleeper pop top and nearly waved and suddenly thought I don't have a camper anymore its gone, it felt strange for a while, maybe one day another one will be in the driveway but I will still keep an eye on things here
scottbott

Postby Sir Brixalot » 04 Jul 2019, 12:14

I'm at the same stage. Few bits to finish off when I'm mobile again. Wife and daughter don't like it any more and I've been very patient through all the trials and tribulations the van has put my way but I've finally had enough. Had two four week tours round France in the summer holidays, been all over Wales, Scotland and the West Country so have a lot of happy memories to counter the innumerable break downs, engines and gearboxes. Reckon it'll be going just as I've finally got it sorted. Might have one final trip to Donegal but might be better to sell now before I change my mind again :ok
1989 Autosleeper Auto 1-9 DG with LPG conversion
Sir Brixalot

80-90 Mem No: 8927

Postby Ralf85 » 05 Jul 2019, 07:11

Sir Brixalot wrote:I'm at the same stage. Few bits to finish off when I'm mobile again. I've been very patient through all the trials and tribulations the van has put my way but I've finally had enough. Had two four week tours round France in the summer holidays, been all over Wales, Scotland and the West Country so have a lot of happy memories to counter the innumerable break downs, engines and gearboxes. Might have one final trip to Donegal but might be better to sell now before I change my mind again :ok

I finally sold mine a month ago. I go along with what you've said. The last two years of random breakdowns caused by an intermittent problem that somehow cured itself, every time a mechanic went near it drove me nuts (I decided to replace the carb and the problem went away).
I was getting to enjoy the camper again but when the ULEZ regulations started to be introduced here in April, I decided to move on, before being affected by them. Now driving a 2008 Nissan Elgrand, which has been newly converted to a camper that complies with the ULEZ regs. I've never had something that smells so fresh. Having a V6 2.5litre petrol engine with 180hp under the bonnet, makes hills and long journeys a doddle. I am slowly getting used to the strange lack of engine noise and driving an automatic. I'm looking forward to my next trip to France.
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine
80-90 Mem No: 4418

Postby kevtherev » 05 Jul 2019, 20:58

scottbott wrote:I borrowed my stepdaughters car yesterday and saw an Autosleeper pop top and nearly waved and suddenly thought I don't have a camper anymore its gone, it felt strange for a while, maybe one day another one will be in the driveway but I will still keep an eye on things here

See you at Busfest mate.
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG
kevtherev

80-90 Mem No: 2264

Postby scottbott » 06 Jul 2019, 10:46

yes I reckon I will be there, sleeping in the car, Just bought a Skoda Yeti yesterday
scottbott

Return to General Chat