Anyone going to Goodwood ??

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Anyone going to Goodwood ??

Postby matt brighton » 07 Sep 2018, 14:12

A bit pricey for me at the moment, but I might go next year..

Would be interested to hear of any experience good or bad,

I used to be a bit anti the Goodwood thing - "all toffs and bankers" - but having been there and met some of the people who go, its not snooty as I had imagined it would be.

Coming from a Dagenham 1970's Banger Racing background I'm hardly what one might call one of the Bentley Boys.

My parents went a few times and sounds like fun - a bit of dress up , cars, bikes and planes - whats not to like (apart from the admission price)

Best

matt
matt brighton

80-90 Mem No: 8092

Re: Anyone going to Goodwood ??

Postby Smcknighty » 10 Sep 2018, 07:26

I went once, my neighbour is a goodwood member, he gets four tickets and gave me one for one of the days. Was really good, I’d recommend it. I’d recommend just going in to check out the stalls and wander round the car park before the bit where you need a ticket. I spent ages just doing that before I realised I wasn’t actually in. Not sure if your meant to have a parking pass or not though, I didn’t and no one checked my tickets. Once you go in it’s equally amazing, really cool planes, amazing cars. The pits area is great although your at risk of being deafened. Then I just found a spot near the track and took shed loads of photos.

There was a large amount of money wandering around dressed up as idiots, I regarded that as part of the show. Food obviously was ridiculously expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smcknighty

80-90 Mem No: 14436

Postby matt brighton » 10 Sep 2018, 17:51

Yes

I had a bacon bap when I was there competing at a sprint in August and that was £6 :shock:

In fairness to the Duke...those stately homes don't heat themelves and I doubt he's on a pre pay meter
matt brighton

Postby Sir Brixalot » 10 Sep 2018, 19:42

Probably gets a bit of revenue (on top of the £380,000 in subsidies) from his 290,00 acres of land to keep the wolf from the door
1989 Autosleeper Auto 1-9 DG with LPG conversion
Sir Brixalot

80-90 Mem No: 8927

Postby matt brighton » 10 Sep 2018, 21:20

:ok

I sometimes drive that way and the estate seems to go on for miles and miles...

I kinda resent the cost of tickets .... and perceived elitism

then again, compared to what some pay to see 90 mins of premiership football - £50-£ 90 single ticket for top games to see - millionaires kicking a ball around (I'm not a footy fan)

a days ticket to see classic racing, cars, drivers, play dress up nostalgia etc and stuff for families .... doesn't seem so outrageous on reflection...
matt brighton

Return to General Chat