RIP Steve Shaw (Gasure)

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Re: RIP Steve Shaw (Gasure)

Postby manxblade » 03 Jul 2018, 21:57

just got home after the England game on a high and just read this bad news. only meet steve once and knew he was one of the good guys r.i.p.
manxblade

80-90 Mem No: 12707

Postby Simon Baxter » 08 Jul 2018, 21:11

Hi all.
I don't often post in here and I've had to borrow someone's phone to post as for some reason I can't log in on mine so please excuse the brevity.
Very sad to hear of Steve's passing, as a lot of you will know that Steve was instrumental in setting this club u p and without him there would probably be no 80-90 that we know today.
Im not going to lie and say we were best buddies, we weren't, just 2 blokes who's paths crossed on the old Just kampers message board who were frustrated with the lack of info on the Internet about our favorite vans and decided to do something about it. With Steve's enthusiasm and will do attitude he sorted the website so we all had somewhere to go.
I only met Steve on a handful of occasions but always nice to catch up on a personal level.
I wish I Could be back for his funeral but I'm currently a few hundred miles away and I just don't think it's possible for me to get back in time, he'll be in my thoughts.
Here's to Steve!
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'90 VW T3 BW Double Cab
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks
Simon Baxter
Trader

80-90 Mem No: 1

Postby NicBeeee » 10 Jul 2018, 08:27

Occasionally in life you become indebted to a person that you have never met. For me Steve Shaw is one of those people. Without this forum my ownership of our van would probably have been over years ago. Instead due to the info gained from here over the past few years I own a van that I can confidently take anywhere. I have had the best holidays in my life, the best memories and experiences all due to our van taking us to places I would never have dreamed it would. So I would just like to say thank you and peace be with you.
“A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.” ― Spike Milligan

1988 1.9 DG
NicBeeee

80-90 Mem No: 8608

Postby paganmanwales » 12 Jul 2018, 12:15

Having been away for the last few weeks I have only just heard of the death of Steve, particularly shocking as I spoke to him only a few days before his death.. A truly fantastic man who treated every customer as if they were a friend and displayed great patience with even the most asinine queries. A light really has gone out in the world. I just wish I could have been here for the funeral.
paganmanwales

80-90 Mem No: 8966

Previous

Return to General Chat