Jeff Beck and then Jo's wedding yesterday

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Jeff Beck and then Jo's wedding yesterday

Postby Ralf85 » 17 Jun 2018, 11:51

What a weekend. Saw Jeff Beck on Friday night at the Royal Chelsea Hospital grounds. It's a small outdoor venue with only a couple of thousand people sandwiched in. Jeff is my guitar hero and he and his band did not disappoint. He performed his work over the past 50 years from 'Mornin Dew' onwards. The highlights for me though were The Beatles 'Day in the life' instrumental featuring an electric cellist from LA called Venessa Freebairn-Smith and 'Hendrix's 'Little Wing'. Along with Prince's ex bass player Rhonda Smith and the incredible Vinnie Colaiuta on drums this band is super tight and seriously talented. A brilliant evening of music which was a nice run up to the big day yesterday.

So after months of preparation I walked daughter Jo down the isle to get married. A nervous walk for me but Jo was totally unstressed. Despite my advice, her and husband Paul spent a small fortune on this event at Kew Gardens. To be fair it was a beautiful venue for a wedding. Friends and family arrived nearby and from Bulgaria, France, Holland, Slovakia, South Africa and a local West London lad, flew back from his new life in China, especially for the event. It was like a mini United Nations but without the politics. I never appreciated how much love and respect Jo has from friends and family alike, until I talked to them during the afternoon/evening. Anyway, the whole event went perfectly with an abundance of smiles and the happy couple were driven off into the night with smiles on their faces.
:ok
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine
80-90 Mem No: 4418

Re: Jeff Beck and then Jo's wedding yesterday

Postby sarran1955 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:13

Hello,

Delighted.. :)

Cordialement,

:ok
Help and advice on Aircooled engines here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sarran1955/videos?view=0
sarran1955

Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE
80-90 Mem No: 6754

Re: Jeff Beck and then Jo's wedding yesterday

Postby Sir Brixalot » 18 Jun 2018, 06:35

Congratulations. Glad the weather held for it. Any chance of a pic? Beautiful venue, I should know as I married my wife there. :)
1989 Autosleeper Auto 1-9 DG with LPG conversion
Sir Brixalot

80-90 Mem No: 8927

Return to General Chat