Solistice

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Re: Solistice

Postby itchyfeet » 22 Dec 2017, 19:16

PeteandNikki wrote:Whatever the case, each and every day that comes and goes no matter how short or long is a bonus (we’ll it is to me as my Dad only made 54, I’m 58 now and truly expected some thing dire to happen to my health before I made it this far!)

I used to complain about the weather and the short daylight hours of the winter but actually relish it now and never wish my life away hoping the days will rush past to get to the next season.

Hope this doesn’t sound negative and as I’ve no interest in 84+ year-old women then I’ll wish you all a happy winter solstice and a very merry Christmas to follow also!

I'll bet you don't waste your life picking people up on spelling mistakes :D
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks
itchyfeet

80-90 Mem No: 12733

Postby Sir Brixalot » 22 Dec 2017, 23:26

Or bearing grudges...
1989 Autosleeper Auto 1-9 DG with LPG conversion
Sir Brixalot

80-90 Mem No: 8927

Postby skysurfin09 » 23 Dec 2017, 16:23

I'm the oldest male in my family, have been since I passed 51. The males in my family tended to get shot at, blown up or sunk or missing (Menin Gate). So I'm in uncharted water so to speak, however, I might possibly out-lived my usefulness. Should've been fitted with an obsolescence switch.
Things were better in my day(lol)...I had the benefit of a proper education, I left school able to read, write, do mental arithmetic and comprehend. I had a great childhood along with my friends using our imaginations, making castles, trollies etc. There was little crime because we all had the same tat. We had relatively full employment, apprenticeships in abundance and luckily we were numerate and worth employing.
Nowadays you have poorly educated children who go to school to be taught how to tie shoelaces, how to go to the loo and how to behave in a group setting without creating a scene to get attention. What moron decided that it was okay for children to take mobile phones to school? What happened to ringing the school office leaving a message?
In my day 'getting lucky' used to be undoing two buttons on a girls cardi, now, well it's a family show. I can honestly say that I haven't added to this situation as my lads, 4 of them, are decent human beings, THANKS TO THEIR MUM,and we had them later in life, after I'd left the forces.
I'm not being a holy than thou, I just regret what we've become and I find it sad...Merry Christmas Everyone and I wish everyone a very happy, healthy New Year.....Misery Guts..... :ok :ok
'89 2.1 injected (Digijet)...travelling in hope over adversity
skysurfin09

80-90 Mem No: 2820

Postby skysurfin09 » 23 Dec 2017, 16:26

Sir Brixalot wrote:Or bearing grudges...

God!! I could carry grudges for England me..!!
'89 2.1 injected (Digijet)...travelling in hope over adversity
skysurfin09

80-90 Mem No: 2820

Previous

Return to General Chat