Change Management or money for old rope?

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Change Management or money for old rope?

Postby Citizen Smith » 21 Dec 2017, 19:36

The job of manipulating the victims of asset stripping, Pension Fund Misappropriation, unfair employment contract manipulation and general management skulduggery has been given some interesting titles - the current term being Change Management.

I was listening to radio 4 while beavering away in my garage workshop yesterday when I happened upon what appeared to be an interview with a chap who seemed to be explaining the duties of a post in change management offered by the BBC.
Every question asked by the interviewer was responded to by a series of interconnected words and terms largely having no traceable meaning as sentences but inferring that change in itself was inevitable and vital even if no identifiable problems existed in the victim organisation or group of individuals - usually they who in the old days were referred to as Pond life.

Wondering whether I had stumbled on a new satirical radio series I googled change management job BBC and got this:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc- ... -d6z8g9b8k
It seems that this was a serious interview although I have to say that the interviewee began to sound like he was reading from a Price Waterhouse training manual.
CS
Never was so much paid to so many for doing so little - CS 1941- ?

2.1 WBX High Top
Citizen Smith

80-90 Mem No: 5485

Re: Change Management or money for old rope?

Postby skysurfin09 » 23 Dec 2017, 16:32

Citizen Smith wrote:The job of manipulating the victims of asset stripping, Pension Fund Misappropriation, unfair employment contract manipulation and general management skulduggery has been given some interesting titles - the current term being Change Management.

I was listening to radio 4 while beavering away in my garage workshop yesterday when I happened upon what appeared to be an interview with a chap who seemed to be explaining the duties of a post in change management offered by the BBC.
Every question asked by the interviewer was responded to by a series of interconnected words and terms largely having no traceable meaning as sentences but inferring that change in itself was inevitable and vital even if no identifiable problems existed in the victim organisation or group of individuals - usually they who in the old days were referred to as Pond life.

Wondering whether I had stumbled on a new satirical radio series I googled change management job BBC and got this:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc- ... -d6z8g9b8k
It seems that this was a serious interview although I have to say that the interviewee began to sound like he was reading from a Price Waterhouse training manual.
CS

I caught this interview and like you I thought that it was an episode of TWTWTW, (That Was The Week That Was) for the children amongst us. The frightening thing was that this guy was serious......
'89 2.1 injected (Digijet)...travelling in hope over adversity
skysurfin09

80-90 Mem No: 2820

Return to General Chat