T25 spotting

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Re: T25 spotting

Postby Seagull » 20 Sep 2017, 10:38

Had a bumper day on Monday. Passed Chef Campers lovely Atlantic syncro heading south on the M5 on my way to Bristol and then 2 white vans (one with a couple of bikes on the back) also heading south as I was heading north on my way home.

I'm not very good at this game though as I only spotted the two white ones at the last minute and therefore couldn't name the model! I need to do some work on my conversion recognition.

Jon
Seagull
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 04 Oct 2014, 16:16
Location: Leicester
80-90 Mem No: 13985

Re: T25 spotting

Postby ash1293 » 24 Sep 2017, 16:53

Orange and cream hightop with satin black pillars between windows - tidy looking T25 in Vanguard car park in York
1990 1.9DG 34DAT carb Leisuredrive hightop
ash1293
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 27 Jun 2016, 10:49
Location: York
80-90 Mem No: 16013

Re: T25 spotting

Postby jrt » 24 Sep 2017, 18:08

Spotted a blue pop top heading North on the M6 (Lancaster) as we were heading South. Then spotted a maroon/white high top pass us a few miles after as we were stopped on the hard shoulder - i was emptying all the weekends camping gear out of the back to get into the engine bay .Sorry i didn't feel like waving :evil:
David
the future is unwritten
User avatar
jrt
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: 01 Oct 2011, 15:53
Location: East Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: T25 spotting

Postby lefty67 » 25 Sep 2017, 07:18

jrt wrote:Spotted a blue pop top heading North on the M6 (Lancaster) as we were heading South. Then spotted a maroon/white high top pass us a few miles after as we were stopped on the hard shoulder - i was emptying all the weekends camping gear out of the back to get into the engine bay .Sorry i didn't feel like waving :evil:
David


Hope everything was alright
1.9td AAZ

T25 - an adventure before dementia
lefty67
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 12:00
Location: s. cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 11783

Re: T25 spotting

Postby jrt » 25 Sep 2017, 11:04

lefty67 wrote:
jrt wrote:Spotted a blue pop top heading North on the M6 (Lancaster) as we were heading South. Then spotted a maroon/white high top pass us a few miles after as we were stopped on the hard shoulder - i was emptying all the weekends camping gear out of the back to get into the engine bay .Sorry i didn't feel like waving :evil:
David


Hope everything was alright

Flashing red coolant light.
A quick wiggle of the connector on top of the coolant sensor and all OK. I bought a new sensor the other year and the rubber cover that covers the connection is very tight and seems to pop off every now and then. Think i will shave a bit off the cover and see if that helps. :ok
Cheers David.
the future is unwritten
User avatar
jrt
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: 01 Oct 2011, 15:53
Location: East Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: T25 spotting

Postby Karen&co » 25 Sep 2017, 19:37

Saw a lovely cream high top parked on a drive just off the route I take to work most days in Crewe :D I think it's a Westfalia
Keep an open mind, but don't let your brains fall out.
Karen&co
 
Posts: 286
Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 17:13
Location: Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 14854

Re: T25 spotting

Postby meggles » 25 Sep 2017, 19:42

jrt wrote:
lefty67 wrote:
jrt wrote:Spotted a blue pop top heading North on the M6 (Lancaster) as we were heading South. Then spotted a maroon/white high top pass us a few miles after as we were stopped on the hard shoulder - i was emptying all the weekends camping gear out of the back to get into the engine bay .Sorry i didn't feel like waving :evil:
David


Hope everything was alright

Flashing red coolant light.
A quick wiggle of the connector on top of the coolant sensor and all OK. I bought a new sensor the other year and the rubber cover that covers the connection is very tight and seems to pop off every now and then. Think i will shave a bit off the cover and see if that helps. :ok
Cheers David.

Pleased it was nothing major :ok
T25 1.9 dg Hightop.
T4 Holdsworth Villa Diesel
meggles
 
Posts: 11461
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 22:04
Location: York, Nth Yorks
80-90 Mem No: 2636

Re: T25 spotting

Postby jrt » 25 Sep 2017, 20:18

Pleased it was nothing major :ok[/quote]
Cheers, i was pretty sure it was the problem when it happened as it did it earlier this year. Will get into the engine bay and sort it out one night this week. Still had a "moment" when it started flashing though.
Did you manage to visit Dubs int'Dales ? We had a great time along with a few other 80/90 members in the festi field-nice and lively atmosphere :lol:
David
the future is unwritten
User avatar
jrt
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: 01 Oct 2011, 15:53
Location: East Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: T25 spotting

Postby bayanddoka » 25 Sep 2017, 20:49

lovely blue doka, on A34 through Newcastle under Lyme about 5ish today (25th Sept). Seen you before similar time, similar place. Hopefully next time I'll be in my yellow doka not in my wife's mini! :?
bayanddoka
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 Jun 2017, 16:21
Location: Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 16227

Re: T25 spotting

Postby AllTheGear_NoIdea » 26 Sep 2017, 07:49

Spotted a white T25 sadly with its’s hazard lights on and tailgate up on the hard shoulder on the M4 London bound just after the M25 junction last night during the rush hour. Poor sod, I know there’s never a good place to break down but this junction has to be one of the worst places. I would have stopped and tried to help but I was on the opposite carriage way going the other way.
1988 T25 Caravelle 2.1 fuel injected Auto

1978 Baywindow 2.0 Twin Webers 40IDFs
User avatar
AllTheGear_NoIdea
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 29 Jun 2017, 11:03
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
80-90 Mem No: 16092

Re: T25 spotting

Postby bikermike87 » 27 Sep 2017, 15:17

Seagull wrote:Had a bumper day on Monday. Passed Chef Campers lovely Atlantic syncro heading south on the M5 on my way to Bristol and then 2 white vans (one with a couple of bikes on the back) also heading south as I was heading north on my way home.

I'm not very good at this game though as I only spotted the two white ones at the last minute and therefore couldn't name the model! I need to do some work on my conversion recognition.

Jon


Did you wave?! We had a couple on the way down to Cornwall on Monday morning!
https://www.facebook.com/ChefCampers/
1991 Syncro Westfalia Atlantic 2.1MV
User avatar
bikermike87
 
Posts: 390
Joined: 24 Oct 2009, 21:16
Location: New Brighton, Wirral
80-90 Mem No: 7559

Re: T25 spotting

Postby bigbadbob76 » 29 Sep 2017, 13:13

Spotted this for sale locally.

Image


What struck me was the reg, (D501 OHR) very similar to mine, (D470 OHR) both were registered in Swindon on 1st September 1986.
Both now living 600 miles north of Swindon, within 50 miles of each other. small world huh.
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
'10 1.4 TSI Golf GT.
'Q 2cv6 trike.
'95 Suzuki bandit.
User avatar
bigbadbob76
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: 07 Nov 2016, 14:41
Location: Isle of Skye
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Re: T25 spotting

Postby meggles » 29 Sep 2017, 19:50

Blue high top on A19 Selby to York road today. Then an H reg autosleeper on A59 Boroughbridge Road near fire station
I waved then realised I was in the car. My patient asked if I knew them. I chose not to explain.......
T25 1.9 dg Hightop.
T4 Holdsworth Villa Diesel
meggles
 
Posts: 11461
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 22:04
Location: York, Nth Yorks
80-90 Mem No: 2636

Re: T25 spotting

Postby Karen&co » 02 Oct 2017, 06:11

bayanddoka wrote:lovely blue doka, on A34 through Newcastle under Lyme about 5ish today (25th Sept). Seen you before similar time, similar place. Hopefully next time I'll be in my yellow doka not in my wife's mini! :?



I think this one belongs to someone who lives just up the road from my sons university house. I used to see one that sounds similar each time I visited with a student red cross parcel ;)
Keep an open mind, but don't let your brains fall out.
Karen&co
 
Posts: 286
Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 17:13
Location: Cheshire
80-90 Mem No: 14854

Re: T25 spotting

Postby doenut82 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:47

Absolutely stunning blue westfalia joker and a lovely white high-top here at Shell Island this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
1984 T25 1.9 DG Devon Moonraker
2001 golf 1.8T gti
1987 Honda cbr 600f
2002 Suzuki drz 400S
doenut82
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 01 Feb 2016, 16:10
Location: shropshire
80-90 Mem No: 15227

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigherb, blue32, Mr Bean and 6 guests