Brexit + flooding + coronavirus

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Brexit + flooding + coronavirus

Postby Ralf85 » 25 Mar 2020, 22:37

2019/20 is the worst and stressful experience of my life. What have we done wrong to experience all this? It's not fair. We don't deserve this. I'm now separated from my own family now. Crap. Try and keep safe.
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine
80-90 Mem No: 4418

Re: Brexit + flooding + coronavirus

Postby Karen&co » 26 Mar 2020, 06:41

There's no logic in this at all I'm afraid, scary times. Stay safe and make sure you keep in touch with your family via facetime, txt etc., When we look back in a few months it will be worth it x
If you think you can or you think you can't either way you'll be right

1.9 petrol Leisure Drive
Karen&co

80-90 Mem No: 14854

Postby DoubleOSeven » 26 Mar 2020, 08:51

Chin up pal.
Our grand parents had to fight the Nazis, some were bombed on a daily basis so I’d expect our generation to be able cope with these issues.
1984 Caravelle 2.1 MV
DoubleOSeven

80-90 Mem No: 14520

Postby sarran1955 » 26 Mar 2020, 09:25

Hello,

Cheer up Pat...

In 'Le Monde' serious French paper on line, the discussions are taking place for the extension of the 'confinement'
and as I thought, the main proposal is for it to end on the 27th April, the start of the new term.

So at least we will know how long.

The restrictions are being enforced, arriving at Lidl I had to show my form to the relaxed gendarme, but saw someone being 'verbalise'
on the motorway roundabout.

Only the food shops and chemists are open, with screens at the counters.

My employer has sent details of intended 'chomage technique' which will start next month, I should get at least 84% of my pay until further notice.

My mum (88) is in lockdown in her nursing home in the big city, no visitors..

However, Spring is soon upon us, we will have a last snowy weekend, the ski resorts are closed of course.. :roll:

and with on-line ordering and Colissimo delivery by 'la Poste' the projects can continue.. :)

Is there not some decorating or DIY that you could do at home, what about gardening in the park.. :?:

At least you can get Fullers London Pride delivered... 8)

Cordialement

John

:ok
Help and advice on Aircooled engines here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sarran1955/videos?view=0
sarran1955

Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE
80-90 Mem No: 6754

Postby Ralf85 » 26 Mar 2020, 19:02

sarran1955 wrote:Hello,

Cheer up Pat...
Is there not some decorating or DIY that you could do at home, what about gardening in the park.. :?: At least you can get Fullers London Pride delivered... 8)
John
:ok

DIY is out. Most accidents happen at home involving DIY. I have no wish to need to go to A&E. My volunteer gardening options have been closed down for now. At least you have loads of open space to play in.

Daughter Jo and hubby Paul, who has Asthma are in lock down and can work on line. Eve, who is potentially at risk, is self isolating, as her job normally involves face to face contact with tenants and is luckily working on line from home. This current crisis is actually causing her more work than normal. Skype is proving useful now. Keep safe mate. :ok
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine
80-90 Mem No: 4418

Return to General Chat