Football corner

This is a general chat forum, you must register to post.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please remember that this is a family forum - do not post 'adult' content. Full forum rules here.

Re: Football corner

Postby skysurfin09 » 04 Mar 2018, 18:42

Ralf85 wrote:A sweet double for Man City today. Superb.

While I was cooking dinner I listened to the Brighton game. What made me smile (again) was the response from gooner fans. They have this view that their team has a divine right to winning and topping the premiership. Get real. Brighton knew what the Ars game plan would be and dealt with it. Excellent Brighton tactics and result.
:)

As always Ralf you never pass up a chance to do Chelsea a disservice, it's okay mate I've broad shoulders. I've carried my team since 1963, I've sufferred for love of my team.
We were always a Cup team never ever could we even think about winning the League. Never thought that in my wildest dreams would I see a repeat of the 54-55 season when we did win it all. Since then it's been magical and to crown it with the Champions League Cup well that's fine, you have your little snipes and I'll smile and remember watching Bobby Tambling, Charlie Cooke, Ossie, Butch, Chopper, The god that is Zola, Super Frankie Lampard, and the Drog, Pedro and Hazard and Cesc et al.....Keep well mate :ok :ok :rofl :rofl :rofl
'89 2.1 injected (Digijet)...travelling in hope over adversity
skysurfin09

80-90 Mem No: 2820

Postby Aidan » 06 Mar 2018, 15:01

Chelsea weren't very good at the weekend against city were they, played like an Italian team after they score a goal, only they forgot to score a goal first :D
Why they didn't bring Lukaku back is beyond me, as is why he went to play for Mourinho after he'd showed complete lack of faith in him previously, must have been the big wage packet and the bung his agent got
Sure they'll beat Spurs when we meet but they were insipid against city, at least we had a go, we just weren't as good as Wigan at defending
AIDAN
Aidan
Trader

80-90 Mem No: 742

Postby Ralf85 » 07 Mar 2018, 08:31

QPR 1 - Derby County 1. Last night the Rs dominated the first 30 mins and had many shots at goal but only one on target. The Rams finally got going a few minutes later - one shot on target one goal. The second half carried on with the Rams dominating. Ollie finally subbed the invisible Washington. On came Eze to join the diminutive Paul Smyth up front and the Rams began to wobble. To the chant of 'one Bobby Zamora' their wobble continued and the Rs had several decent scoring chances. Finally a goal from Luongo and the Rs looked likely to get the winning goal but no.

I cannot see how the Rams are in a playoff place. They are not very good.
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine
80-90 Mem No: 4418

Postby jrt » 07 Mar 2018, 09:59

I had a mate who travelled a couple of hundred miles to watch Macc' Town play Maidstone last night only for the game to be called off after the home team failed to arrive at the ground on time. The Silkmen had arrived in Maidstone on Monday!
David.
the future is unwritten
jrt

80-90 Mem No: 10288

Postby kevtherev » 08 Mar 2018, 16:57

Benik scores. I’m beside myself, I’ve never wanted anything so much as this beautiful touch from my Prince. That strength, every sinew of his body twisted and resolute as he fought off the ministrations of a Leeds defender. The onrushing goalkeeper. The gap narrowed as they closed in on him and he saw the abyss of the goal narrow as the geometry closed in, became acute, the Wolves fans around me drew in breath. We never wanted as much as this. Air filled our lungs and were held inside, the rush of blood now drowning out the noise and the cacophony on Elland Road. The twirling of Leeds scarves stopped as if a new wind had taken the air from them too. Right leg extended. The simplest of touches and it seemed the boot of Benik hardly touched the ball. It was a lovers touch, the simple subtle touch versus physicality and there were now only three players on that pitch as the Goalkeeper flapped his arms in the face of this intent, of this assured moment. It was your time Benik, and your boot did indeed touch lovingly that ball and it arced into the air. Time had stopped but flowed nonetheless. Geometry and art as it flew into the air. Desolate, the Leeds defender had a look of anguish on his face, the goalie vibrated with a loss, a disaster for him, twenty five yards out from his line. They knew where that ball was to settle and so did Benik. The ball hadn’t even crossed the line and the tableau of these three men was frozen like a Renaissance masterpiece. The Salvation of Benik by Michaelangelo. In primitive oils it could have graced the stucco plaster of some dimly lit altar in a small church in Rome. The ball crossed the line and the lungs of us, these acolytes of this belief, these disciples of Nuno erupted. 3 effing 0. Have that Leeds. My knees hit the seat in front. I fell forwards. My glasses half came off, I couldn’t see. I fell back. Somebody was hugging me. I held my gaze on the top of the stand roof as if calling out to God himself as I have done so many times over the past season. I looked for my pal and his face was a delight. I fought past bodies to reach him and celebrate. Effing hell, what a team…and then a little tear came out of my eye. A relief, a victory. After these past weeks of Fulham and other senseless matches, this. We always believed and we were always resolute and our courage was rewarded, our belief and knowledge scoured the furrows of these barren Championship fields and we were harvesting. Emotional Benik.

Taken from the Southbank resistance blog
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG
kevtherev

80-90 Mem No: 2264

Postby Ralf85 » 09 Mar 2018, 18:34

Blimey Kev's a happy bunny - real poetry! :ok
Ralf85

Postby kevtherev » 09 Mar 2018, 23:22

Ralf85 wrote:Blimey Kev's a happy bunny - real poetry! :ok

I like this chap. (South Bank Resistance)
He's a literary thats for sure.(and a Wolf)
But he certainly captures the spirit of football, its fans and the emotion the game brings to us.
I'm sad that non football fans never experience this ki d of joy.
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG
kevtherev

Postby Ralf85 » 11 Mar 2018, 00:53

QPR 1 - Sunderland 0. If we had a No 9 who could score regularly it would have been 3 or 4 goals today. Sunderland gave it all but they are poor-not a single shot on goal. Their fans were superb until the Rs scored. We are now safe. They must be down - sad.
Kev what are you on? Pure adrenalin and ecstasy I guess and a lack of oxygen up there in the clouds. Enjoy the rush.
:ok
Ralf85

Postby tforturton » 13 Mar 2018, 14:31

Championship is hotting up.....
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD
tforturton

80-90 Mem No: 11177

Postby Ralf85 » 13 Mar 2018, 21:50

Wow I didn't see this coming - Villa 1 - QPR 3, particularly after they thrashed Wolves on Saturday.
Our first win at Villa in 10 years. It was two of our teenagers, Manning who got the score going along with the other youngster Eze (voted man of the match by
the commentators) driving the midfield. Brilliant. Fulham away next. We don't normally win there but possibly now. This division is wacky!
:ok
PS Well done Hull
Ralf85

Postby kevtherev » 14 Mar 2018, 05:35

Fantastic result at The Vile park for QPR.

Wolves beat hapless Reading with a changed team.
The game at Vile showed Nuno that some players needed to be benched.
Nice to see Benik Afobe make his first start since the transfer... and get a goal!
10 points clear of third place
It look like a two horse race now.

But football is a funny old game...that might change
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG
kevtherev

Postby tforturton » 14 Mar 2018, 12:16

It sure is....that's why us Cardiff fans are trying to keep calm! It looks good at the moment, but Wolves were out of sight at one point, and now it's down to three points. You just never know what's going to happen. Cardiff have to play both Wolves and Villa in the next few weeks, so it's after those games that we'll know a bit more.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD
tforturton

80-90 Mem No: 11177

Postby kevtherev » 14 Mar 2018, 18:46

tforturton wrote:It sure is....that's why us Cardiff fans are trying to keep calm! It looks good at the moment, but Wolves were out of sight at one point, and now it's down to three points. You just never know what's going to happen. Cardiff have to play both Wolves and Villa in the next few weeks, so it's after those games that we'll know a bit more.

Personally not bothered about going up as champs.
My concern is promotion and then have a go at the top spot.
There's no extra cash for position in this league
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG
kevtherev

Postby shepster » 14 Mar 2018, 20:08

Wolves and Fulham automatic I reckon, Villa through playoffs.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.
shepster

80-90 Mem No: 1342

Postby Ralf85 » 15 Mar 2018, 17:19

Out there in fantasy land a club like Barca makes winning look so easy, like they did again last night. Juve are beginning to get back to that level too.

The only UK based club that plays football that makes me drool is Man City which plays in a continental style. It reminds me of watching Ravanelli and Vialli playing in that Juve team in years gone by. An absolute pleasure to watch.
Ralf85

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat